Lenovo Yoga Tablet 8 16GB  » Electronics  »
2.5
  • I badly wanted a tablet so I decided to buy this one
  • So here is what I think about this tablet
  • I found the stand mode to be helpful a lot because while creating text documents this mode provides just the perfect position for me to type
  • I wasn't even disappointed by its browsing performance
  • The biggest issue I had with the camera was that it always faded colors, even in video recording it had that issue

• by Hamza Butt

Lenovo’s Yoga Tablet 8 was one of the most eye-catching tablets for me as it had 3 different handling modes that no device has. I badly wanted a tablet so I decided to buy this one. I used this tablet for 3 months and then I moved to Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (I’ll let you know why). This tablet wasn’t a total failure, but there were some reasons why I had to leave it.

So here is what I think about this tablet.

The thing that encouraged me to buy this tablet was the great number of modes in which this tablet could be used. You could use it in the Tilt mode, stand mode and the hold mode. And actually this tablet is worth using for that reason, because these modes make it so easy to use this tablet. Whether you’re walking, sitting on a chair or lying on your bed there is no other tablet that

could be used with that ease. I found the stand mode to be helpful a lot because while creating text documents this mode provides just the perfect position for me to type.

I wasn’t even disappointed by its browsing performance. It loaded sites pretty fast with both chrome and the default browser. Though, one of the features that I use frequently while browsing is the pinch to zoom feature. The pinch to zoom feature performs good when you’re not browsing heavy sites but when you do it starts to lag. On the other side, the Galaxy Note 10.1 gives the best performance in pinch to zoom. Doesn’t matters how heavy a site is, but that device never disappointed me with that thing.

The reason why I left this tablet was its poor gaming performance. I want my tablet to be a complete package of high performance gaming and browsing. And unfortunately this device lacks the gaming part. This tablet runs almost every low graphic intense game well. Games like: Fruit Ninja, Temple Run and Subway Surfers run totally fine on this device, but when you move towards the graphic intense games like Asphalt 8, GTA Vice City, NOVA 3 and more this device fails to deliver! The latest games not only lag in this device but it actually gets an agony to play them. So for me this device is quite a failure in gaming.

Other than the gaming the overall performance of the tablet was pretty good. It opened apps really quick and I didn’t noticed any major slug in every day use too. I used Google Maps frequently on this device. It worked fine and loaded any location in no time. Though the pinch to zoom feature again disappointed me in this device. It gets stuck if you play just a bit hard with it in the maps. Other than that, there was ...

• Lenovo Yoga Tablet 8 16GB
      no slug in swiping or scrolling menu’s.

One thing worth discussing about this tablet is that its got really good speakers. The other tablets I have used ain’t got that loud and clear sound. Like I said, I moved to Galaxy Note 10.1 and if you want me to compare both devices I have no doubt declaring Yoga tablet 8 the winner in sound quality. Good sound quality always enhances my overall interaction while watching movies.

I have used some tablets with cameras that deliver awful results. But fortunately this device’s camera ain’t one of them. I ain’t saying its got the best camera in the world, but I’m just saying that the camera delivers decent results. It’s got a 1.6 MP secondary and 5 MP primary camera. The biggest issue I had with the camera was that it always faded colors, even in video recording it had that issue.

I took some pictures in low light with this

tablet and the results were not good. There was nothing but darkness in the pics. The reason why this device produces such results in low light is because it ain’t got a flash. So if you’re looking for a tablet with great imaging capabilities this is not the tablet for you.

The tablet has got a really good battery. I normally surfed the web for more than 6 hours on this device and still the battery lasted a day. If you add a few hours of gaming in that usage the battery would last for around 11 to 13 hours which is not bad at all.

As a whole, this device wasn’t what I was looking for as it lacked good gaming performance. If you can compromise on gaming then this tablet could be a good option for you as its got a really long lasting battery, good browsing performance, loud speakers and the 3 handling modes.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1611071635260531/k2311a0711/7.11.14