Mainstay Quick Drying Full Size Bath Towels  » Housewares  »
4.3
  • I love to buy things like towels and sheets because they are a really easy way to change the décor in my home without spending a lot of money
  • I found the towels in a beautiful sand color for my bathroom and a fun bright green color for my kids’ bathroom
  • After using these towels, I can say that they are great for kids use because they are inexpensive, but I wasn’t overly impressed with them for me
  • The first issue that I had was that they were not very soft out of the wash
  • Overall, I would still recommend them though

• by Jennifer Davis

I love to buy things like towels and sheets because they are a really easy way to change the décor in my home without spending a lot of money. I was in Wal-Mart recently when I saw that their Mainstay Quick Drying Towels Full Size Bath Towels were on sale for $2 each (regular about $5.98). I found the towels in a beautiful sand color for my bathroom and a fun bright green color for my kids’ bathroom. Overall, I only paid about $15 (tax included) for a set of 7 towels which is

a great price.

After using these towels, I can say that they are great for kids use because they are inexpensive, but I wasn’t overly impressed with them for me.

The first issue that I had was that they were not very soft out of the wash. I don’t use fabric softener on my towels because it effects the absorbency, but I ended up having to use some on these because they were very rough and I didn’t want to subject my family to towels that reminded more of sandpaper than towels. I eventually did discover that these towels do get a little softer with use and that they will get fluffy if dried in the dryer on a low heat fluff cycle (which can be time consuming).

The second issue that I had was that these towels were not as absorbent as my husband and I would have preferred. They seemed to leave quite a bit of water on my body and it takes two or three passes over one area to dry it off. I have better towels by Mainstay that are much more absorbent so ...

• Mainstay Quick Drying Full Size Bath Towels
      I don’t think the cheaper “Quick Dry” towels are nearly as good as their regular more expensive towels.

That being said. I definitely recommend these for kids’ use. My kids don’t seem to have the same issues my husband and I do with the absorbency of the towel. I don’t know if it just that there is more towel than child so there is more surface area to absorb water or what the reason is, but these towels work great for my kids. We use them at home, at the water park, and at

the lake because they were inexpensive and my kids like them.

Overall, I rate these towels with a 7 because of their cheap price, great color selection, and the fact that they work great for my kids. That said, I did take three points off because they were scratchy, aren’t very absorbent and only get fluffy if left in a low heat fluff cycle which takes longer to dry them. Overall, I would still recommend them though. If for no other reason they are a cheap alternative to expensive beach towels for the kids.

Mainstay Quick Drying Full Size Bath Towels
Anxhela says :

re : I love to buy things like towels and sheets because they are a really easy way to change the décor in my home without spending a lot of money
I think that towels and sheets can really help on changing your decor but you have to spend money for them too .

Jennifer Davis replies :

I think that’s true. These towels were really inexpensive and turned out to be great for my kids. However, I have since purchased other mainstay towels that work excellently well and were pretty inexpensive. I think that it is true that there is always some cost in changing d cor, but sheets and towels are definitely among the most inexpensive to change.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5311071635190531/k2311a0711/7.11.14