Bounty Select-A-Size Paper Towels  » Housewares  »
  • However, despite how interesting it was, I didn’t want to pay a lot of money for a product that I wasn’t sure was going to work
  • I decided to still buy the bargain brand, plus a single roll of the Bounty Select-A-Size for $.75 so my family could try it
  • I like it too because overall buying the more expensive Bounty Select-A-Size is actually cheaper because it extends the life of a single roll by about five days so instead of a roll of the bargain brand only lasting me two or three days, the Bounty lasts me more than a week
  • Additionally, I have seen for myself that the Bounty are definitely more absorbent than the bargain Great Value brand is and I believe that is partly why each roll of the Bounty lasts so long

• by Jennifer Davis

Being a mom, I firmly believe in buying the bargain brand whenever possible. This is especially true for paper towels because my kids seem to constantly be pulling at the paper towel roll and I go through at least one roll every couple of days. However, I was in Wal-Mart not too long ago when I first came across Bounty Select-A-Size Paper Towels.

Admittedly, I was shopping for the cheap brand when I saw the words “Select-A-Size” and grew interested. I liked the idea of getting

a paper towel that could be easily torn into thirds or halves depending on the size of the mess. However, despite how interesting it was, I didn’t want to pay a lot of money for a product that I wasn’t sure was going to work. I decided to still buy the bargain brand, plus a single roll of the Bounty Select-A-Size for $.75 so my family could try it.

Fast forward a few months and I can say that my family now only uses the select a size roll. I was so surprised because I pretty much believed that it wouldn’t have made a difference to my kids and that they would still pull off a whole sheet, but they didn’t. They like the Bounty Select-A-Size because a third of sheet fits well around a warm hot pocket or other microwave snack.

I like it too because overall buying the more expensive Bounty Select-A-Size is actually cheaper because it extends the life of a single roll by about five days so ...

• Bounty Select-A-Size Paper Towels
      instead of a roll of the bargain brand only lasting me two or three days, the Bounty lasts me more than a week.

Additionally, I have seen for myself that the Bounty are definitely more absorbent than the bargain Great Value brand is and I believe that is partly why each roll of the Bounty lasts so long. Even a third of a sheet of the Bounty easily soaks up an 8 oz. glass of spilled water (I know I tested it out) whereas it would

have taken three or four sheets of the Great Value brand to pick up the same amount. Having the Bounty Select-A-Size really opened my eyes to the so called “bargain” brand.

Personally, I rate Bounty Select-A-Size Paper Towels with a perfect 10. Despite their more expensive upfront price, in the long run they are cheaper because they are more absorbent so one third of a sheet is often all that is needed for a mess as compared to three or four sheets of the other brand.

Bounty Select-A-Size Paper Towels
Ekta says :

I find Bounty works very well. It’s strange but depending on what I’m using it for, I can certainly reuse it over and over again as if it were a rag. For example, the other day I was cleaning my windows and I realized that I was able to clean two huge windows which are about 96″ by 96″ Crazy but true. However, on the other hand I have noticed that even if I pick up an emergency roll of paper towel from the dollar store, it does a good job of picking up messes as well. However, even though dollar store and Bounty quality are pretty similar, I must say for me personally it comes down to the nice touch and soft feel of Bounty. Sounds weird to say but the paper towel that Bounty offers has sort of a nice fluffy feel to it whereas dollar store quality, although cheaper, as a bit of a rougher feel to it.

Jennifer Davis replies :

I completely understand. The dollar store brand seems to dry out my skin when I use it. Bounty doesn’t do that, it feels more like a towel.

Leticia Torres says :

re : Additionally, I have seen for myself that the Bounty are definitely more absorbent than the bargain Great Value brand is and I believe that is partly why each roll of the Bounty lasts so long
I have tried so many bargain brands that I end up being disappointed in productivity. I use paper towels a lot for clean up. And because of it I need a strong paper towel to clean up the most difficult messes that require scrubbing. I find that Bounty is not only strong, it’s worth buying because of less sheets used to clean tough messes. I highly recommend bounty for your every day clean ups. Bargain paper towels are too flimsy and tear up easily. They can’t handle tough messes that require scrubbing. And you end up using a lot more. Therefore you have to buy more.

Mick Spicer says :

I buy Bounty Select-A-Size Paper Towels and have always found them to be strong and very absorbent.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5311071635160531/k2311a0711/7.11.14