Vitafusion Adult Multivitamin Gummies, Mixed Berry Flavor  » Health  »
4.3
  • I took them off and on as a younger woman when I thought about it or when I was sick, but it was by no means on a set schedule
  • I decided to check them out the next time I went to get groceries
  • I paid $6.99 for a bottle of 150 gummies, which seems like a lot, but it was actually 50% off as the regular price was nearly $15
  • The only thing about the flavor that I feel is important to note is that there is an obvious sweetness to the gummy and so I think that anyone with diabetes should be careful using these as they could raise blood sugar levels
  • They still make taking multivitamins easier, and I recommend them particularly to people who have difficulty swallowing regular vitamins

• by Jennifer Davis

I can’t say that I have always been overly consistent when it comes to taking my vitamins. I took them off and on as a younger woman when I thought about it or when I was sick, but it was by no means on a set schedule. However, when I hit my 30’s I became more health conscious and now I can say that I have developed the habit of taking my vitamins as I should.

That being said, I have long wished that I could find a women’s multivitamin in a decent tasting gummy because the multivitamins that I was buying left a bitter after taste in my mouth and I always seemed to have trouble swallowing them completely.

It was about a year ago that I first heard of these gummies, and needless to say, I was very excited. I decided to check them out the next time I

went to get groceries. It was actually a few days after first seeing the commercial when I was in my local Kroger that I decided to purchase the gummies for the first time. I paid $6.99 for a bottle of 150 gummies, which seems like a lot, but it was actually 50% off as the regular price was nearly $15.

I tried these gummies the very next day and I was very happy to discover that the texture and flavor were everything that I was hoping that they would be. I was a little afraid that the gummies would be really chewy (like rubber) or that they would be stiff and bitter. However, they have a consistency similar to that of gummy bears or like the fruit snacks that I buy my kids.

I chose the mixed berry flavor because they were on sale and I am very happy with them. The flavor tastes similar to a mixed berry fruit punch so I feel like I got the flavor that I was expecting. There was no bitter after taste or anything of that nature.

The only thing about the flavor that I feel is important to note is that there is an obvious sweetness to the gummy and so I think that anyone with diabetes should be careful using these as they could raise blood sugar levels.

Additionally, I discovered while reading the back of the bottle that these gummies do not contain enough iron or calcium for a woman’s natural daily needs to I had to supplement the iron and calcium with regular vitamins. I was disappointed by this because I had hoped that the gummy would contain everything that I needed for the day, particularly since they are so expensive at regular price.

That said, I was able to find some ...

• Vitafusion Adult Multivitamin Gummies, Mixed Berry Flavor
      small iron tablets for only a few dollars and some orange flavored calcium tablets for a similarly low price so I didn’t have more than $5 or $6 in both the calcium and the iron. However, I still expected the multivitamin gummy to contain when I needed for the day.

I took the recommended dose of two gummies per day and the 150 count bottle lasted me about two months and 10 days. I went back to Kroger and found them on sale again so I bought another 5 bottles to last me throughout the year. I only paid about $30 dollars for the five bottles (750 gummies) together which is considerably cheaper than the larger bottle would have cost me.

Just a note about storage though, I would recommend storing them in a cool dry place otherwise they will become stale and slightly stiff. I left one bottle out on

the counter for a month and they were relatively stiff when I used them. The other bottles I stored in the medicine pantry and I just opened the last bottle a few days ago and they are just fine.

Overall, I rate this product a 7 since I got good daily nutrition without the nasty flavor and swallowing issues that are associated with regular pills. However, I did take three points off for the lack of iron and calcium in the gummies, and for the steep regular price tag.

I definitely recommend these despite the issues that I had. They still make taking multivitamins easier, and I recommend them particularly to people who have difficulty swallowing regular vitamins. I will continue to use them, particularly when I can find them one sale, but I do hope that eventually the manufacturers will make a vitamin that has the recommended daily amount of iron and calcium.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3411071635100431/k2311a0711/7.11.14