The Melting Pot A Fondue Restaurant, Roswell GA  » Restaurants  »
1055 Mansell Rd, Roswell, GA 30076
  • When my husband surprised me with the reservations for the weekend I was thrilled and was very much looking forward to trying a new experience
  • I thought this was wonderful, it came with a Four-Course dinner for Two ( we choose the spinach and artichoke appetizer for two, Beef Dinner for Two which came with several different kinds of beef and salads, and the Flaming Turtle Fondue for desert), six absolutely beautiful red roses, a Bottle of Moet & Chandon “Imperial” Champagne, The Melting Pot’s Signature Chocolate-Covered Strawberries, A Souvenir Photo of my husband and I, an adorable Melting Pot plush bear, and priority seating (thus the reservations)
  • This was actually my first time ever having good champagne and I really enjoyed it
  • However, my absolutely favorite part was the Marshmallow Flambé desert
  • I would not recommend anyone trying this with their children

• by Jennifer Davis

For our anniversary my husband surprised me by taking me for a weekend to Roswell to eat at the Melting Pot. The last time we were in Roswell, I wanted to stop by and try it, but time delays meant that we had to keep moving. When my husband surprised me with the reservations for the weekend I was thrilled and was very much looking forward to trying a new experience.

We got to The Melting Pot about 6 pm on Friday night and because of that there was a bit of wait. However, it was reasonable, but when we were seated our server, Chris, informed the manager that we had called ahead, but still had to wait so the manager offered to give us a free desert of our choosing. We declined the free desert because we only waited about 10 minutes which we both thought was perfectly acceptable. However, the care and concern of both Chris and the manager (I was never able to get his name) was very touching and made us feel as though our experience would be a pleasant one.

The first thing that I have to say about the experience was that Chris was an excellent server. He was so attentive to our needs and we had our drinks and wine within just

a a few moments of ordering them. He even poured the wine for us like they would in a 5 star restaurant with my husband served first to “approve” the wine, then my glass served. After he had served our wine he informed us of the specials and gave us a few minutes to browse our menu. I have to say that sipping wine while looking at a menu doesn’t seem like much, but it does give a very classy feel to the experience and I really enjoyed it.

Chris came back in just a few moments and politely asked if we had selected our meals. We diced to spit and appetizer first brought us our drinks and a bottle of house wine, he then told us about some specials that they were running that evening. I was about to select a beef dish when my husband and Chris surprised me by stating that he had purchased the Ultimate Romance Package offered by The Melting Pot.

I thought this was wonderful, it came with a Four-Course dinner for Two ( we choose the spinach and artichoke appetizer for two, Beef Dinner for Two which came with several different kinds of beef and salads, and the Flaming Turtle Fondue for desert), six absolutely beautiful red roses, a Bottle of Moet & Chandon “Imperial” Champagne, The Melting Pot’s Signature Chocolate-Covered Strawberries, A Souvenir Photo of my husband and I, an adorable Melting Pot plush bear, and priority seating (thus the reservations).

I loved the bear and the roses, and it was so much fun to have roses on our table while we ate. I truly felt like a princess. This was actually my first time ever having good champagne and I really enjoyed it. It was soft and bubbly and made my nose tickle at first. It was very smooth and light however, and I drank three glasses of it.

I have to say this was one of the greatest dining experiences that I have ever had.

Chris was so attentive to our needs. He ensured that we had everything we needed and carefully explained to us that the beef is cooked and reasoned right before us as well as the additional dipping sauces that came with them. He also took the time to show me how to properly dip my food without getting it all over myself.

My husband has had fondue before, but I hadn’t and so when he left to use the restroom, I nervously asked Chris how I was supposed to eat the fondue. He was very gracious and shared with me a funny story about ...

• The Melting Pot A Fondue Restaurant, Roswell GA
      how eat spilled the Fondue all over himself, and then showed me the proper way to eat it. I don’t know if others would have appreciated that, but I most surely did. I had a new black dress on and I welcomed the knowledge of how to eat fondue without looking like an idiot in front of my husband.

The food was absolutely fantastic. It was perfectly seasoned so the beef just fell apart and almost melted in my mouth. The vegetable sides that I had were perfectly seasoned and steamed so that they were done, but also still slightly aldente which made them perfect for dipping without falling apart.

The spinach and artichoke dip was very good. I usually am not a big spinach and artichoke fan, but my husband loves spinach dip so we decided to try it. It was so delicious! It was cheesy, yes, but it also had a generous portion of spinach and artichokes in it so I didn’t feel like I was just eating bread and cheese.

However, my absolutely favorite part was the Marshmallow Flambé desert. It is marshmallows that are soaked in alcohol, rolled in ore cookies, and then Flambéed right at the table before being dipped in dark chocolate fondue. It was so cool to have a server Flambé a

desert right in front of me. However, it was very sweet so I couldn’t eat all of it. It made my teeth hurt after a few minutes, but it was absolutely delicious.

The only negative thing that I have to say about this restaurant is the prices. They are very expensive. My husband did not want me to see the bill, but another waitress brought it over when Chris was busy and I happened to see it. The Ultimate Romance Package was $200.00. After taxes and tip we left the restaurant with a dinner bill of over $250.00. Granted, we did tip Chris over 20%, but seeing the bill was shocking. I appreciated the gesture that my husband made, but I would never had paid that much for a dining experience.

I looked on the menu before we left and without the package the dinner for two, a bottle wine, and a desert would still have cost us well over $80.00.

Overall, I rate the experience and the restaurant an 8. I took two points off for the huge price tag. I think this is a great restaurant for special occasions for adults. I would not recommend anyone trying this with their children. The fondue is a little messy so kids will leave dirty, and the prices are very expensive.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 711071635090431/k2311a0711/7.11.14