E.L.F Liquid Eyeliner in Blackest Black
  • Personally, I like liquid eyeliner more than I do the pencil because then pencils almost always seem to break and then are difficult to sharpen back into a point that is useable
  • I definitely do not recommend applying this eyeliner is a hurry, where there are kids, or where any bumps can occur
  • Its ability to be used for a variety of events makes this little eyeliner very versatile in my opinion

• by Jennifer Davis

One particular cosmetic product that I seem to use a lot of is black liquid eyeliner. It is part of my everyday routine to help make my thinner lower lashes look fuller. Personally, I like liquid eyeliner more than I do the pencil because then pencils almost always seem to break and then are difficult to sharpen back into a point that is useable. Of all the eyeliner brands that I own and use (and there are several), I like my E.L.F Liquid Eyeliner in Midnight Blue.

The first thing that I like about this product is the excellent price of $1. I get it at my local Dollar Tree and the bottle lasts me for almost a year (about 10.5 months). It is very economical and is small so it fits perfectly

into my makeup purse, but yet sits well on my vanity.

Also, I really like the applicator that this eyeliner uses. It is a very thin yet softer brush so my lines are as thin or as thick as I would like them to be and the brush isn’t course over the sensitive skin surrounding my eyes. The pigment in this product is smooth and creamy with a deep blackish blue tone that is soft and alluring. I like that although this is called Blackest Black, the eyeliner itself does look slightly blue when I hold it next to the light of my makeup mirror. However, it looks very dark black when applied and does a wonderful job when paired with a dark mascara of improving the look of thinner lashes and

making my eyes pop a little bit.

That being said, this eyeliner can be difficult to apply if you are shaking or something. There have been times that my hands shake or my kids bump me while I am applying and the line goes everywhere. The brush is very touch sensitive so one little bump and I can have a line halfway down my face (yes this has happened). I definitely do not recommend applying this eyeliner is a hurry, where there are kids, or where any bumps can occur. I have found with use that it is always better to use it slowly and cautiously as the brush is very fine, but soft enough that any pressure will cause the brush to leave a thicker more dramatic line than I wanted.

However, one ...

• E.L.F Liquid Eyeliner in Blackest Black
      thing that is great about this eyeliner’s ability to make dramatic lines is that is makes a sensational eyeliner for things like Halloween, school plays, and other types of costumed events. I looked at eyeliner once for my daughter’s ghost costume for Halloween and was shocked to see a sticker price of over $10. This little eyeliner brush worked like a charm, a little added pressure and she was the queen ghost for a fraction of the expense of traditional “Halloween” makeup. Its ability to be used for a variety of events makes this little eyeliner very versatile in my opinion.

The only really negative this about this product is that it is by no means water proof. The slightest bit of sweat, tears, rain or any dampness will have this eyeliner running

down my cheeks. While this makes correcting mistakes in application easy, it also means that it can be a bit of a hassle to wear out in the weather. Personally, I would have willingly paid a dollar or two more for the eyeliner to be a little more water proof or, at the very least, water resistant.

Overall, I give this product a 9. I did take one point off for the lack of water resistance, but its versatility, nice applicator, and excellent pigment more than makeup for that.

This is my everyday eyeliner that I use for work, errands or family outings. I do have more expensive eyeliners that I use for date nights, sappy movies, and important work dates, but this is a perfect everyday liner and one that I definitely recommend.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3110071635050431/k2311a0710/7.10.14