Kerastase Thickening Effect and Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner System by L’Oreal Paris
  • As I have gotten older I have noticed that my hair has become slightly thinner and its natural volume has significantly begun to decrease
  • I decided to try it out to see if it would help the thinning spots and renew volume
  • The first thing that I noticed about this shampoo and conditioner were how creamy they were
  • Now, I like creamy shampoo and conditioner products a lot and so I was quite pleased with this
  • As a specialty shampoo system it will cost upwards of $150 per year to use this shampoo system full time, but I do believe that it will work and if you can afford it the results are amazing

• by Jennifer Davis

As I have gotten older I have noticed that my hair has become slightly thinner and its natural volume has significantly begun to decrease. I mentioned this to my stylist one day when she recommended a new line of thickening and volumizing shampoos and conditioners that they were selling. I decided to try it out to see if it would help the thinning spots and renew volume.

Honestly, after trying it for a few months, it does work, but I don’t think I will give up my search for a better shampoo system.

The first thing that I noticed about this shampoo and conditioner were how creamy they were. Now,

I like creamy shampoo and conditioner products a lot and so I was quite pleased with this. I also noticed that both the shampoo and the conditioner were thick so it only took a little bit to give me complete coverage overall of my hair. I appreciated the coverage, because the shampoo and conditioner are expensive and so I felt as though the bottle should go a long way.

Both the shampoo and conditioner smell very clean and I did get several compliments on the smell of my hair while I was using this product. The product does not smell much like flowers or fruit, but it does have a clean

baby powder like smell that reminds me of clean sheets and linen. It was very light and clung to my hair without leaving an overwhelming smell behind me.

The biggest issue that I had was the cost of this shampoo and conditioning system. Between both bottles(both being about 8.5oz each) I paid $52 for the set. It was enormously expensive. Granted some of that cost was because I purchased it from my salon, but it was still over $20 per bottle and I have seen it even more expensive online. I think that a large part of the price is that this is a specialty shampoo that doesn’t seem ...

• Kerastase Thickening Effect and Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner System by L'Oreal Paris
      to be found anywhere in the US except for beauty supply stores and professional salons.

To be fair, this shampoo did a magnificent job of giving me volume all over my head and, after three months of use, I did noticed that the thinner spots felt and appeared slightly fuller. The volume was immediate from the first wash. I noticed as soon as it dried that my hair felt bouncier and lighter than it did previously. I got excellent volumizing results that I believe every woman would be happy with.

Overall, I rate this product a 7. It does give great results as far as volume and thickening, but

the price is just so expensive and the bottles so small for such a price, that I will continue to look for a shampoo system that offers similar results at a more affordable price range.

I do recommend this product to those who can afford to replace it. As a specialty shampoo system it will cost upwards of $150 per year to use this shampoo system full time, but I do believe that it will work and if you can afford it the results are amazing. I honestly just cannot get past the outrageous price tag, so despite the results that I got, I will have to look elsewhere for a thickening shampoo.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3110071635040431/k2311a0710/7.10.14