Taco Bell Breakfast Experience  » Restaurants  »
1452 Thompson Bridge Road Gainesville GA
  • I try to avoid eating fast food when I can for health reasons, but sometimes it is unavoidable
  • I was heading to work really early a few months ago when I decided to stop by Taco Bell at 1452 Thompson Bridge Road here in Gainesville for breakfast
  • Since the location actually opens at 7 I was able to get fresh made coffee which I greatly enjoyed
  • I thought it would be a cheap coffee, but it tasted more like hazelnut coffee and was very good
  • Other than that I enjoyed it and would recommend it

• by Jennifer Davis

Sometimes I have to leave for work a little earlier than I normally would and I don’t always have time to fix myself a healthy breakfast. I try to avoid eating fast food when I can for health reasons, but sometimes it is unavoidable.

I was heading to work really early a few months ago when I decided to stop by Taco Bell at 1452 Thompson Bridge Road here in Gainesville for breakfast. I had previously heard good things about their breakfast burritos and decided that I would stop and try their bacon, egg, and cheese burrito with a cup of coffee. Since, I had to travel to Marrieta that day for work, I decided that I would have some breakfast on the go.

I got to Taco Bell about 7 am and was dismayed to see that both the inside

of the restaurant and the drive through were extremely busy. I thought about just heading inside to order, but the drive through appeared that it was moving faster, so I decided to just go that way instead. It turned out to be a mistake.

It took me about 6 minutes (two Frank Sinatra songs) to make it up to order into the speaker. It didn’t seem to bad since the restaurant was busy, but when I got to the speaker I had to sit there for another two songs and say hello into the speaker three times for a young lady asked if someone had taken my order. I replied they had not and I heard nothing back. I went through another song before she finally came back and said I can take your order now. I admit I was frustrated, and had I not been boxed in by the cars behind me, I probably would have just left.

I ordered my food, but had to repeat the order twice as she kept adding a crunch wrap supreme to my breakfast burrito. I had to tell her three times that I did not want a crunch wrap supreme but rather a simple breakfast burrito and a small cup of coffee. The third time she repeated the order correctly and gave me my total of about $4.50 which I felt was really inexpensive for a fast food breakfast.

Despite my order problems. I really did enjoy the breakfast. Since the location actually opens at 7 I was able to get fresh made coffee which I greatly enjoyed. I thought it would be a cheap coffee, but it tasted more like hazelnut coffee and was ...

• Taco Bell Breakfast Experience
      very good. I added one sugar and two creamers and I was very happy to discover that the creamers I was given were actually cold. I hate being handed warm coffee creamer as I always wonder where it has been sitting. The coffee was very fresh ( a little hot, but it is coffee) and with the cold creamer it was just the right temperature.

The breakfast burrito was very good as well. I figured that it would be tiny and probably somewhat cold, but it was actually the size of a regular lunch burrito, was filled with lots of egg, bacon, and cheese, plus it was actually hot. I bit into it and there was steam coming from the eggs, which I guess meant that it probably was a little warmer than it should have been, but honestly the steam

let me know that my food was fresh so I was perfectly okay with it.

As far as taste and texture, the burrito was very good. I have little doubt that the eggs they get are likely powdered or at least frozen, but they sure did not taste like it. The eggs had a nice fluffy and light texture and it reminded me of fresh scrambled eggs instead of the powdered texture and flavor that I was expecting. The breakfast was delicious and it kept me full straight through the morning until lunch.

Overall, I give this Taco Bell and its breakfast menu an 8. I enjoyed the great coffee and very filling breakfast. I did however take two points off for the long wait time and difficulty getting the order correct. Other than that I enjoyed it and would recommend it.

Frederick Hovasapian says :

re : Other than that I enjoyed it and would recommend it
I would love to agree with this but I simply cannot. Taco bell makes mouth watering tacos, but the breakfast is not that impressive. It seems like your average fast food breakfast. The Burritos tasted very unimpressive. Don’t get me wrong I could live on taco bell… just as long I don’t stop in for the morning.

Jennifer Davis replies :

I can see your point. I recently visited a different taco bell and their breakfast was terrible. However, this one does have good breakfast.

Amarilis Sosa says :

re : Other than that I enjoyed it and would recommend it
I love the Taco Bell, I enjoy it each day and its staff is awesome.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 79071634960431/k2311a079/7.9.14