Polk 4 Shot Gaming Headest  » Electronics  »
  • I bought mine the day it was released which cost me about $160
  • On rare occasion a stutter in the sound pops up and can be a bit annoying, but it only lasts for a second and doesn't happen often enough to deter from the experience
  • I have recommended this headset to my friends, and I recommend it to anybody that is looking for a good headset for their XBox One console

• by Tim Parker

The Polk 4 Shot gaming headset was designed specifically for the XBox One console. It connects directly to the XBox wireless controller giving you freedom to move around without the hassle of getting tangled in an abundance of cords. It also features a near-field retractable microphone for communicating with your friends. I bought mine the day it was released which cost me about $160.

Being cable free means you can wander around without the pain of getting wrapped up in a mess of cords. While the 4 Shot is technically a wireless headset, it still needs to connect to the wireless controller. This means I have

to have my controller near me to listen to audio. This works out alright for gaming, as I need a controller to game anyways, but watching TV can be a bit inconvenient. I use my XBox for Netflix and YouTube more than anything else, and I don’t want to have to cradle my controller to listen to audio with my headset. It’s nice to be wireless from the console, however being wirelss from the controller would have been a better option.

The near-field mic on the 4 Shot simply doesn’t work. I would have to yell into it for my friends to hear me online, and even then they would complain that my volume is too low. Fortunately a fix came about when Polk offered to send everyone who had purchased the 4 Shot a free boom-mic attachment. After recieving the new mic, all of my complaints went away. It works wonders, and my friends say they can hear me crystal clear when online gaming. However, the fact that the built-in mic dosn’t do what it is suppose to will take off points from the final score.

The sound quality on the headset is superb. Every sound in a game is crisp, and every voice in a movie is clear. On rare ...

• Polk 4 Shot Gaming Headest
      occasion a stutter in the sound pops up and can be a bit annoying, but it only lasts for a second and doesn’t happen often enough to deter from the experience. The sound quality is good enough to even plug in your iPod and listen to music. Because the sound quality is so good, I use my headset whenever I need headphones for any reason.

The 4 Shot is made from a durable plastic, which can feel cheap, but also allows it to take some punishment. The soft ear cups are comfortable and allow the headset to be worn for hours, good for long gaming sessions.

The design makes it look sleek and the color schemes look good.

The price of $160 can seem expensive, but so far I have not had any regrets in my purchase. The 4 Shot looks good, feels great to wear, and the sounds are crsip and clear. The built-in mic is the only downside, but the option for a free boom-mic attachment saved the headset from being useless. I have recommended this headset to my friends, and I recommend it to anybody that is looking for a good headset for their XBox One console.

I give the Polk 4 Shot gaming headset an 8 out of 10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 169071634940431/k2311a079/7.9.14