Thor The Dark World (2013 Film)  » Movies  »
  • In my opinion, this movie was a lot darker than the first one
  • I enjoyed the fact that some of the characters who were considered supporting characters had more time on screen
  • I truly got to experience all the movie has to offer
  • I would without a second thought recommend this movie
  • I personally wouldn't call it a family movie, but you can definitely watch during movie night and be entertained

• by nitakb

Thor The Dark World is the second film in the Thor franchise. It was a movie that I patiently awaited after watching the previous movie. Because of the extensive hype that comes with almost every superhero movie, I waited until it came on DVD to watch it. My review will contain spoilers.

Thor The Dark World in a sense picks up where the first movie left off. We’re introduced to the new enemy that is of course different from the first. We’re given a brief story line with some footage to back it up. Which in a sense gives us an idea of what were going to see later in the film. Then we’re taken

back to the present tense where there’s chaos in the other worlds that Thor has to set in order.

We get to see a more matured character of Thor, one we only got a glimpse of in the latter part of the first film. There’s still the cocky air to him, but he’s obviously changed. He’s dropped the deep arrogance, that oozed from his pores and grew up.

He has the obvious longing for Jane, that can be sense and felt in the beginning of the movie. Whether than indulge himself in the reality of being next in line to the throne, his heart isn’t there.

Then on planet earth there’s Jane, who is trying to pick the pieces up of her life where it was left off. She even tries to go on a date with a new guy, which is a vain attempt because the moment that some scientific activity is brought to her attention, she quickly kicks the notion of dating out and runs out to see what the commotion is all about. Which leads to Thor coming back on to the scene. Then action of course picks up from here, since there’s some weird stuff taking place on another planet.

In my opinion, this movie was a lot darker than the first one. Not just because the name deems it as such, but because the nature ...

• Thor The Dark World (2013 Film)
      of Thor is darker than the previous movie made it out to be. Not to say the movie should have been R-rated, but it does the character better justice.

Given that the movie is almost two hours long, a lot takes place. There’s nothing slow about this movie, it isn’t all that fast but there is some anticipation that builds through out the movie. I was taken on an emotional roller coaster. One moment I was cheering, then I was sad, then I felt myself getting a little angry with certain characters and then there’s the happy parts.

The acting of course was fantastic. Everyone was cue, good and bad character’s alike.I enjoyed the fact

that some of the characters who were considered supporting characters had more time on screen. Like with most superhero movies and sc-fi flicks, the costumes were both creepy and awesome.

When the movie was over, I was thoroughly entertained. It was well worth the wait because in my opinion. I truly got to experience all the movie has to offer. Like most marvel movies there’s a little preview at the very end after all the rolling credits that leaves you hanging and curious for the next movie to come out.

I would without a second thought recommend this movie. I personally wouldn’t call it a family movie, but you can definitely watch during movie night and be entertained.

tuliy says :

you talked only about one aspect of the movie, love, but there are much more story, you didnt write it.

Ck Castro says :

really this is one of a kind. Through this movie, I have realized that beliefs can really be explained through science. I mean this movie is quit related to our world, some people say that ghosts exist and others would say that aliens are real. What if other people can see ghost because they have this ability to interact with other dimensions, I mean what if ghost and aliens are just a dimension away from us, right? If you understand what I’m saying, I’m just really mesmerized with this kind of movie.

Iaa Capricho says :

re : In my opinion, this movie was a lot darker than the first one
It is kind of enjoyable for me if it’s dark.

Azriel says :

Yes This movie is really great. I can only watch this movie over and over again and still not get tired of it. Like many of the superhero movies we have seen it ia not all serious and fighting all the time but there some really serious fun as well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 117071634850131/k2311a077/7.7.14