Sally Hansen: Pure Scent-sation Hair Remover for body
  • However after several months of use, I found the top doesn’t seem to automatically spring up
  • Unfortunately, the scent wasn’t as fragrant as from their earlier formulation models
  • I recommend this to anyone looking for a painless hair remover and who has been too fed up dealing with wax strips

by Ossiriand10

As years went by, customers’ feedback have final caught on since when I came back to the mall where I could find Sally Hansen products, I was greeted with a different look.
  • Sally Hansen: Pure Scent-sation Hair Remover for body - 5.3oz
  • I was moderately surprised the product now came in as a new pump design. I said to myself perhaps this was a better solution instead of squeezing the sides of the hard plastic container from the older model, which always in the end left me with stiff fingers. They’ve included in the box, a spatula where you place the creme on before application. From the previous models, I used my finger for application. It led me to think that maybe there were other customers who disliked having the cream on their palm since it’s very thick and leaves some greasiness on the palms.

• Sally Hansen: Pure Scent-sation Hair Remover for body - 5.3oz
  • Changing to a pump design did facilitate an easy process since the crème can easily squirt out from the small opening. However after several months of use, I found the top doesn’t seem to automatically spring up. I had to gently pull the casing just enough for the pump to work. I don’t know if it’s because of the crème is caking inside or I just happened to get a faulty pump. Anyway, I had to make do with what I have.

• Sally Hansen: Pure Scent-sation Hair Remover for body - 5.3oz
  • After use, one needs to wipe clean the residue that’s left at the mouth or else the crème will cake around the tiny entrance.

• Sally Hansen: Pure Scent-sation Hair Remover for body - 5.3oz
  • It was also mentioned on the box that the design was ‘airtight to maximize long-term freshness’ of the newly formulated crème which was an ‘odor-free’ scent. Unfortunately, the scent wasn’t as fragrant as from their earlier formulation models. I still liked the Raspberry scent line. I don’t know why they’ve changed the fragrance. I wish they’ve kept it. This formulated scent has a smell on the medicated soap bar. I don’t know if it’s because of mixing chamomile with other natural ingredients that have caused the scent. It doesn’t seem to have blended well. The scent isn’t too strong or pungent-like. It wasn’t just a spa-like smell that I kind of associated these products a lot. Anyway, I hope they’ll get the Raspberry scent line back again.

• Sally Hansen: Pure Scent-sation Hair Remover for body - 5.3oz
  • There was nothing else that was changed from the previous model. It was still a 3-minute formula, if you leave the crème more than a minute, one will feel a stinging sensation on the legs and that means you need to rinse off quickly.

Instructions were easy to follow as usual and hair re-growth takes about six days. After rinsing off the crème as guided by the instructions, I usually apply a finishing oil (Sally Hansen: Azulene) too. This finishing oil one was a leftover from Sally Hansen Wax Strips. It’s very helpful to add any water-based lotion afterwards to re-condition the skin and lessen the appearance of pores.

It was a bit pricey Php P799.00 (US$18.00) but still manageable since it usually takes me a year to finish off the whole 5.3 oz.

I recommend this to anyone looking for a painless hair remover and who has been too fed up dealing with wax strips.

Rebecca Lee says :

Can I use this on my bikini area and under my arms? I’m tired of shaving them all the time.

nitakb says :

Hi Rebecca,

Yes, You can use Sally Hansen: Pure Scent-sation Hair Remover Creme. It is also safe to use on you under arms and in your bikini.

But to be on the safe side, you want to do a patch test before using on any area of your body. The way to do this is to apply pure scent-sation hair remover creme on a one-inch square on the inner fold of the elbow, leave on for eight minutes, and then wipe off with a tissue. Then you are to wait for twenty-four hours, to see if you have any reaction such as redness, irritation. If no reaction occurs then its safe to use.

ossiriand10 replies :

Hi Rebecca,
Just as Nitakb mentioned to be safe, try to do a skin test.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 317071634820131/k2311a077/7.7.14