Hog Haus Brewing Company, American Restaurant and Bar, Fayetteville, AR  » Restaurants  »
2.5
430 W Dickson St, Fayetteville, AR 72701 USA
  • The problem with the burger was that the onions were barely cooked so that they weren't crunchy like a raw onion was be but they weren't tender and mildly flavored like a caramelized onion would be

• by Dan R.

Hog Haus Brewing Company is one of several popular restaurants located on Dickson Street in Fayetteville, Arkansas. They serve modern American cuisine and specialize in their house brewed beers. I had wanted to try Hog Haus for quite some time and I finally got a chance to give it a try last Thursday for dinner. Maybe I came to this restaurant on an off night, but the food left much to be desired and the atmosphere had potential but did not deliver.

The atmosphere is that of a

classic American steak and burger place. It’s big with lots of open space. The restaurant is two stories with a casual downstairs and a more formal upstairs. I was not given a choice and was seated downstairs. The restaurant is very attractive on the outside and the inside. It looks like a place I would want to go. However, there were flies in the restaurant. Hog Haus isn’t a dive, it a very upscale bar with beautiful, nostalgic décor, so I won’t expect to be bothered by insects in a place like this. But I still gave it a chance in hopes that the food was good.

The food, however, was very disappointing. I ordered a burger that was topped with Swiss cheese and caramelized onions. The problem with the burger was that the onions were barely cooked so that they weren’t crunchy like a raw onion was be but they weren’t tender and mildly flavored like a caramelized onion would be. The slimy, sharp-tasting onions completely ruined the burger. I don’t understand how a ...

• Hog Haus Brewing Company, American Restaurant and Bar, Fayetteville, AR
      restaurant with such a good reputation could mess up something as simple as caramelized onions. For an appetizer, I ordered the spinach and crab cheese dip served with blue corn chips. The chips were good but the cheese dip tasted fishy so I question whether the crab was real or fresh. The food was a big disappointment.

The service was good. The waitress was very kind and attentive. She refilled my water glass and brought my food promptly. I almost order the beer cheese dip but she advised

me that it wasn’t good that day so I ordered something else. It’s odd for a waitress to discourage a guest from ordering an item, but I guess it saved me from getting something that I didn’t like. The service wasn’t outstanding but it was above average.

Overall, Hog Haus was a big disappointment and it will be awhile before I come back to try it again. I could easily save my money and make better food at home. It has loads of potential but comes out being just an average restaurant.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 77071634780131/k2311a077/7.7.14