Marvel’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier: A Movie  » Movies  »
  • We rented it from our local Red Box for 1.29 for one night, and although it wasn’t the best of the Captain America movies it was worth the price we paid to rent it
  • The plot itself was a good one I thought and I think it was a victim of poor directing and editing
  • Additionally, I thought Scarlet Johansson did a great job reprising her role as the tough and strong Black Widow (go girl power)
  • I definitely recommend renting this movie as a fun family entertainment night

• by Jennifer Davis

My kids were raised reading comic books, and since my husband likes them I have come to appreciate Marvel movies. My husband’s favotire character is Captain American and we have seen nearly every movie that has come out. The most recent movie that we watched (or rather rented) was Captain America: The Winter Soldier. We rented it from our local Red Box for 1.29 for one night, and although it wasn’t the best of the Captain America movies it was worth the price we paid to rent it.

Without revealing

too much of the plot: The movie centers around Captain American (Chris Evans) and Black Widow(Scarlet Johansson) as they try to see out the Hydra supporters that have infiltrated and climbed the ranks within the S.H.E.I.D command. The plot itself was a good one I thought and I think it was a victim of poor directing and editing.

Chris Evans and Scarlet Johansson both did an excellent job in their prospective movie roles. Chris Evans was very convincing as the strong yet vulnerable Captain America. Additionally, I thought Scarlet Johansson did a great job reprising her role as the tough and strong Black Widow (go girl power). However, the movie really seemed to lack a specific forward motion to me. It was very slow moving in the beginning and the middle just drug on. I kept thinking that there would be a point to all the seemingly needless scenes, but the end didn’t really make that clear. I didn’t see where all the scenes came together in one climatic event. That is what I was used to given the previous Captain ...

• Marvel's Captain America: The Winter Soldier: A Movie
      America Movies, but for some reason this one just did not have the same oomph that the others did. Perhaps this particular movie would have been better as an Avengers movie, but I still think that the script needed a little reworking to give the movie a more definite direction.

That being said, the battle and explosion scenes were very well done and the computer generated graphics were excellent. My husband and kids were extremely happy with those parts as told by the chorus of “oooh”, “ahh”, and “wow! Awesome” that

I kept hearing throughout the movie.

Overall, rate the movie a 6 because there were some strong character battle scenes and I only paid a dollar to rent it. I did take off 4 points for the lack of direction and poor script, but for the dollar that I paid to rent it, I think it was completely worth it. It brought my family together and gave my husband and children something to enjoy together so for that I am extremely happy. I definitely recommend renting this movie as a fun family entertainment night.

Azriel says :

As I was not a fan of comic books, I only know some of the superheroes and their spe ific costumes but I sure do not have any idea of what their origin is. This movie has given me and many others like me a glimpse of what Captain America truly is apart from bearing the American flag costume. The action in this movie ia really wonderful and I couldn’t think there could be anything that needs to be improved. This is both fun and pleasing to watch.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 113071634710531/k2311a073/7.3.14