Seth McFarlane’s A Million Ways to Die in the West: A Movie  » Movies  »
2.0
  • Unfortunately, this movie was definitely not like Ted
  • About an hour into the movie I was definitely ready to go get some dinner and go home
  • I have to admit that I thought Liam Neeson was kind of sexy as an outlaw, but it still wasn’t the best written movie I have ever seen
  • I was particularly impressed with the sunset shots that seemed to really just pop
  • Personally, I can’t say that I wouldn’t recommend seeing the movie particularly if you like Family Guy or silly movies, but my recommendation would be to wait until it comes out in Red Box for a dollar or two (that is about what I would pay for it)

• by Jennifer Davis

My husband and I are big fans of Liam Neeson movies and since my husband likes Family Guy and Seth McFarlane, we decided that we would treat ourselves to see the newest movie “A Million Ways to Die in The West”. I had hoped that it would be as funny as Ted was since Seth McFarlane created that movie. Unfortunately, this movie was definitely not like Ted.

About an hour into the movie I was definitely ready to go get some dinner and go home. This movie was terrible. I felt like it was trying way too hard to

be as funny as Ted, but it really just wasn’t going to happen.

However, it did have some very famous faces in the movie. Without giving away too much of the plot; the story revolves around a sheep farmer called Albert (McFarlane) who loses his girlfriend because he gets kicked out of gun fight because he doesn’t know how to use his gun. He is feeling pretty low when he saves the life of a beautiful woman (Theron) who is actually the wife of a well-known outlaw (Neeson). The movie basically centers on the woman teaching Albert to be a man and how to use his gun.

There were a few funny parts in the movie, but for the most part it was just really kind of stupidly ridiculous. I do think that Charlize Theron and Liam Neeson did very well with the parts that they had. I have to admit that I thought Liam Neeson was kind of sexy as an outlaw, but it still wasn’t the best written movie I have ever seen.

That being said, the scenery in the movie was extremely beautiful and it was very well done. The shots in the movie focused on ...

• Seth McFarlane's A Million Ways to Die in the West: A Movie
      the most beautiful western scenery that I have seen in a movie in a long time. I was particularly impressed with the sunset shots that seemed to really just pop.

Overall, I am pretty disappointed that my husband and I paid almost $10.00 each to see this movie. I think the real clincher was when I realized that my husband was actually asleep in the seat next to me. I only stayed through the whole movie because I paid so much to see it.

I rate the movie a 4 because it had pretty scenery, Liam Neeson in it, and

there were a few (and I do mean a few) funny parts. However, I took 6 points off for the relatively boring plot, lack of funny parts past the first 20 minutes of the movie, and the absolute boredom that actually put my husband (and probably a few other men) to sleep.

Personally, I can’t say that I wouldn’t recommend seeing the movie particularly if you like Family Guy or silly movies, but my recommendation would be to wait until it comes out in Red Box for a dollar or two (that is about what I would pay for it).

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 113071634700531/k2311a073/7.3.14