GVP Ceramic Flat Iron 1  » Cosmetics  »
  • The mirror is on the opposite side of the room and I have no problem doing my hair while it’s plugged in across the room
  • I love how quickly the plates heat up, too
  • My two favorite things about this product are the price and the durability
  • I have noticed no reduction in heat intensity over time and have had no issues with shorts or randomly turning it off like I thought I might
  • If you are like me and you have hair that requires more maintenance to keep straight but you don’t want to spend half your paycheck on a new flat iron, you should definitely try this one out

• by Blanca

A few years ago, my CHI flat iron stopped working. I turned it on and nothing happened. It was only about a year old but, when I called the manufacturer, nothing could be done because I didn’t buy the extended warranty. Because of my strict budget, the thought of going out and spending $120 on a new one made me cringe.

Instead, I opted for a knock off brand and purchased a GVP flat iron. I couldn’t have made a better decision. If I didn’t know better, I would have thought I was still using the CHI.

In the past, one of my frustrations with off brand flat irons was the temperature settings. Some had only an on/off

switch, while others had higher/lower settings that increased or decreased the temperature in increments (usually 25-50 degrees at a time). This flat iron has a dial heat setting so I can choose exactly the temperature that I want.

This is super helpful because my hair is easily damaged by high heat. There is a swivel where the cord meets the flat iron so it never gets tangled when I’m storing it. Anytime it gets a little but twisted, I just have to hold it on the air and the cord unswivels itself! Less work for me! The cord is also really long.

I have a pretty large bathroom, and the only wall outlet it next to the toilet. The mirror is on the opposite side of the room and I have no problem doing my hair while it’s plugged in across the room. I love how quickly the plates heat up, too.

I remember turning on my previous flat irons twenty minutes before using them so that they could heat up. My GVP reaches its set temperature in less than three minutes—yes, I counted. I only have to glide the plates over a piece of hair one time with this flat iron, so it saves me a lot of time when I’m doing my hair.

The best part is that it stays straight. I have very thick and coarse hair so I usually have to touch ...

• GVP Ceramic Flat Iron 1
      up my hair every few hours to keep it looking sleek and smooth, especially in the summertime when it’s hot and humid outside. My two favorite things about this product are the price and the durability.

I purchased mine from Sally Beauty for $40. The retail price is around $60, but was on sale at the time I got it so I had to try it out. I actually prefer this flat iron over others, and for half the price of a CHI, I am extremely satisfied with the results it gives me.

It may be a ‘generic’ brand, but it works just as well, if not better, than any high end flat iron I’ve ever used. I’ve

had my GVP flat iron for about three years now. I am fairly clumsy and I have many pets so this flat iron has been dropped and knocked off the counter more times than I can count, yet it still works like it did the day I got it.

I have noticed no reduction in heat intensity over time and have had no issues with shorts or randomly turning it off like I thought I might. I am in love with this flat iron. If you are like me and you have hair that requires more maintenance to keep straight but you don’t want to spend half your paycheck on a new flat iron, you should definitely try this one out.

Adrianna says :

re : I love how quickly the plates heat up, too
It is the best straightener ever it heats up so fast and gives good results

Shayna Resnick says :

re : If you are like me and you have hair that requires more maintenance to keep straight but you don’t want to spend half your paycheck on a new flat iron, you should definitely try this one out
Agree, it’s worth the money you spend on on it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313071634660531/k2311a073/7.3.14