Smoothie King Gainesville GA Location  » Restaurants  »
890 Dawsonville Hwy, Ste E, Gainesville Ga, 30501
  • I was headed up to Dawsonville one Saturday in the early afternoon, when I decided to stop by smoothie king for a little pick me up
  • I had Smoothie King a few other times before and I had always found their staff wonderful and helpful and their smoothies delicious
  • They were working very well together and I was impressed at their friendly attitude and work ethic
  • If I had to say anything negative about this establishment it would be that I think that there should have been more than two people scheduled for a Saturday morning shift

• by Jennifer Davis

I was headed up to Dawsonville one Saturday in the early afternoon, when I decided to stop by smoothie king for a little pick me up. I had Smoothie King a few other times before and I had always found their staff wonderful and helpful and their smoothies delicious. This visit was not exception.

I got to Smoothie King about 10 am which is a little early, but since they open at 8 am they had already been open for a few hours. I got there to find that the store was busy with Saturday morning shoppers (this location is in a small shopping center). However, there was only one guy and one girl working the restaurant and I have to say that I felt terrible for them, because the place was extremely busy.

However, despite

the obvious lack of employees and the crowded restaurant, these two were working very hard and the line was moving along very quickly. The girl was making the smoothies and taking orders while the guy was putting the lids on the smoothies and checking people out. They were working very well together and I was impressed at their friendly attitude and work ethic.

I only waited in line for a few minutes and then ordered a 20oz Pure Recharge Mango Strawberry Smoothie. It was my first time ordering a specialty smoothie and was I concerned that I might not like it. The young lady was so helpful and explained that sometimes the strong mango flavor can be a bit much for first timers who aren’t huge mango fans, particularly when combined with the slight bitterness that comes with the Pure Recharge smoothie powder that give the drink anti-oxidants and energizing properties. She then suggested that I try and extra shot of strawberries to help smooth the flavor out.

I guess that it doesn’t matter much in the large picture of life, but it meant a lot that this very busy young lady took the time to listen to my concerns and also suggest a fix. Personally, I absolutely love strawberries so I went for it and watched how quickly she made the smoothie. It only took her about two minutes to make my smoothie and have it ready for the young man to check out.

The young man was very nice and gave me my total which was about $4.00, but I had a coupon for a dollar off so I only ...

• Smoothie King Gainesville GA Location
      paid about $3.00 for the smoothie.

I tried the smoothie immediately and it was delicious. The extra strawberries did a really good job of balancing out the flavor of the mango. I am very thankful that she suggested the extra strawberries as the strength of the mango and the slight bitterness of the Pure Recharge Anti-oxidant powder (this gives the smoothie its energizing traits). It was a delicious smoothie and I did get a nice big energizing kick that lasted the majority of my afternoon without subjecting me to a sugar crash when it ended. and personally I felt that the service and the smoothie were well worth the price.

for a Saturday morning shift. The restaurant was very busy and if there was a manager anywhere around I certainly did see him(or her).

Also, the smoothies are little expensive and the caloric count is a little high. My smoothie was rated at 210 calories for a 20 oz. cup which seemed a little high to me. However, at 50 calories of that is from the sugar that is in the smoothie so those who are diabetic or who are supposed to be watching their sugar intake( like me) should probably ask for half sugar or to have the sugar removed completely.

Overall, I rate the Gainesville GA Smoothie King with an 7. It was excellent service and a great smoothie, but I took two points off for the poor overworked staff, higher price, and the somewhat high calorie intake.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 73071634650531/k2311a073/7.3.14