Napoli’s Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria: Oakwood GA Location
3640 Mundy Mill Road Suite 114, Oakwood, GA 30566
  • One of our favorite places to go on our cheat days is Napoli's Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria
  • One thing that I love about Napoli's is its quiet atmosphere
  • I think this is largely due to the owner's of the restaurant being unafraid to tell parents that their children are unruly
  • I like knowing that I won't have to deal with children constantly screaming with no oversight
  • The food is delicious and the ambiance is nice and quiet , but I took a few points off for their steep prices, older décor, and lack of a truly helpful website

• by Jennifer Davis

I will be honest, I miss the days where I could eat anything I wanted and not gain a pound. However, now that I am older, I have had to acknowledge that despite my wishes, I must be careful what I eat and how much of it. For the most part, my diet is filled with fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins. That said, I discovered very quickly after starting my healthy lifestyle that without a “cheat day” or two each week, I would not stick to the healthy foods as I should. To help this, my husband and I made Friday and Saturday nights our “cheat” days.

One of our favorite places to go on our cheat days is Napoli’s Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria. My husband took me here on our first date and it has been a favorite of mine ever since.

One thing that I love about Napoli’s is its quiet atmosphere. Even though this is a family restaurant, for some

reason the children that come into Napoli’s seem quieter and better behaved. I think this is largely due to the owner’s of the restaurant being unafraid to tell parents that their children are unruly. I have seen this happen once, and I have to admit it is one of the reasons that I return. I like knowing that I won’t have to deal with children constantly screaming with no oversight.

I also love the Italian red wine that Napoli’s serves. I cannot pronounce the name (or spell it for that matter), but it is a sweet yet dry red wine that reminds me of Port. It is a little more on the expensive side at about $7 per glass, but the cost is completely worth it. It isn’t overly sweet like other Italian style red wines, but is actually made in Italy and imported to the restaurant. It is absolutely delicious, but I have to warn readers that one glass of that wine is

enough if you are like me and a light drinker. I had two glasses one night and I was so giggly and silly that my poor husband had to box up or our food and take it home.

The food at Napoli’s is delicious. I have two favorites there the Napoli’s Special Pizza which is pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, peppers, onion and cheese. My other favorite is the chicken alfredo pizza which is Chicken, alfredo sauce and cheese. My husband and I usually get one or the other in a large 16′’.

The best thing about Napoli’s pizza is that all the ingredients are fresh and I can say that fresh ingredients make all the difference. Their marinara sauce that they put on the pizza is homemade as is their alfredo sauce. They are both so creamy and the marinara has a rich bold flavor that is just incredible.

As much as I enjoy Napoli’s Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria, there are a few negative things about ...

• Napoli's Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria: Oakwood GA Location
      Napoli’s that I take issue with: the prices, somewhat mundane décor of the restaurant, and the fact that there are no prices listed on their website.

Napoli’s has great freshly made food, but it comes at a cost. For instance, the large Napoli’s Chicken Alfredo pizza costs us almost $25. It is an excellent pizza that is freshly made without being overly greasy, but I hate the price sometimes. Unfortunately, most of the other pizzas are similarly priced. I understand that fresh ingredients cost more, but $25 for a single pizza seems like a lot.

The second issue that I had was its mundane décor. The owners of Napoli’s have beautiful wall murals of Italy and great Italian structures, but they are totally lost in the cheap tables and chairs. The chairs are the ones that I have issue with the most because they cannot be covered up by table cloths. They are old looking and many of them are wobbly like one

leg is slightly shorter than the other. The best tables they have are the high top tables which are right by the entrance, but feel cut off from the rest of the restaurant. I guess I would have liked to have seen a more rustic feel to the restaurant, particularly for the prices that they charge.

The other issue that I have is that their website contains no prices. I have been there enough to be able to give a rough estimate when ordering over the phone, but I still think that I would like to look at their website and see prices. It would make it a lot easier when trying to plan a take out meal for my family.

Overall, I love Napoli’s Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria and I rate it a 7. The food is delicious and the ambiance is nice and quiet , but I took a few points off for their steep prices, older décor, and lack of a truly helpful website.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 73071634640531/k2311a073/7.3.14