Quaker Fruit and Cream Instant Oatmeal  » Food  »
  • I prefer to purchase the mixed box of fruit and cream oatmeal because it comes with 2 packs of strawberries & cream, 2 packs of blueberries & cream, 4 packs of peaches & cream and 2 packs of bananas & cream
  • I love all the flavors, but admittedly the peach is my favorite
  • It keeps me full until lunch time and I have noticed that my concentration at work is better when I have the oatmeal for breakfast
  • I think that a Splenda or half sugar version would appeal to a broader range of people as those with mild diabetes could also have a pack in the morning
  • Personally, I rate the product an 8 for its delicious flavor, health benefits, and its exceptional price

• by Jennifer Davis

Now that I am older, eating better has become a priority. As my metabolism begins to slow, I have tried to alter my eating habits to more whole grains so that I can eat less but stay full longer. One way that I have done this is by introducing Quaker Instant Oatmeal into my diet for breakfast twice a week. I particularly love the fruit and cream flavors as it helps to give me a sweetness that I crave while also giving me lots of oats and fiber to keep me going in the morning. I prefer to purchase the mixed box of

fruit and cream oatmeal because it comes with 2 packs of strawberries & cream, 2 packs of blueberries & cream, 4 packs of peaches & cream and 2 packs of bananas & cream.

I prefer to purchase mine at Wal-Mart since each box is only $4.88 but contains 18 different packs of fruit ad cream oatmeal: 5 packs of strawberries & cream, 4 packs of blueberries & cream, 5 packs of peaches & cream and 4 packs of bananas & cream. I love all the flavors, but admittedly the peach is my favorite.

The flavor of these packets are great. When mixed with liquid the pieces of fruit rehydrate and so each bite of oatmeal has a definite fruity flavor. I also love how the oatmeal smells. It still has the hearty fresh smell of regular oatmeal, but the fruit as a smell that I can only describe as happy. It really helps to wake me up in the morning, and because of the whole grains, one pack made with water (although milk makes it creamier) is perfect for me. It keeps me full until lunch time and I have noticed that my concentration at work is better when I have the oatmeal for breakfast.

The only thing that ...

• Quaker Fruit and Cream Instant Oatmeal
      I would change about this product is the amount of calories and sugar per pack. Each little pack of oatmeal has 130 calories and 12 grams of sugar. It is a lot for a pack that only makes slightly more than a cup of oatmeal. I have to be careful the mornings that I eat the oatmeal, because though it does curb my morning sweet tooth, if I pair it with a high sugar drink like orange juice I often feel like I am on a small sugar high.

I would like to see perhaps a half sugar version or a version that is

sweetened with Splenda. I think that a Splenda or half sugar version would appeal to a broader range of people as those with mild diabetes could also have a pack in the morning.

Overall, I like the product a lot. One box of 18 lasts me about two months since I only eat it two to three times per week. I am very happy with such a low price tag for two months’ worth of breakfasts. Personally, I rate the product an 8 for its delicious flavor, health benefits, and its exceptional price. I did take two points off for the high calorie and sugar content

Emiley K says :

Look I have to tell ya honestly, I am a 40 year old mother of three younger children and no matter how old I get these little Quaker Oaks individual serving flavored oatmeal packets never get old. Personally I use two packets for one serving for myself and normally mix two of the different flavors together producing a really yummy combination. Havent mixed a bad combo up until this point and dont expect to that is for sure.

Now sure it is way cheaper to buy a family size container of the plain oats and do it that way. You can buy the fruit, cut it up, mix it up and it tastes wonderful. Well for me…I dont have that sort of time between fixing hair and finding missing books and packing lunches while getting ready to send the kids off the school and me go to work. These little things are the perfect size and the right fruitiness for me and my kids. On the weekends I do even go the extra mile and cut up some fresh fruit for inclusion but when you dont have the time….well its great just as they are.

In addition we do a lot of outside activities that need energy to sustain the motivation and these little thing fit right in my purse or travel bag with no mess or fuss or space. Works for all the situations that we have used them for and if any of you can throw out your own unique snack attack scenarios I would love to hear them. This stuff is still good,….even at my old age …lol But when does yummy ever get old

Jennifer Davis replies :

Hi. I have to agree that yummy never gets old. I have mixed my own too, but the time that it takes is alot. Especially on a weekday morning.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272071634620531/k2311a072/7.2.14