Starbucks Doubleshot Energy Drinks in White Chocolate
  • However, there are times when I like Starbucks products and every now and then I particularly enjoy their Double Shot Energy Drinks
  • I decided that I needed a shot, or, more accurately, a double shot of energy
  • I am a fan of the caramel version of these energy drinks, but I had never tried the white chocolate so I thought that it would be a nice change of pace
  • Also, it wasn’t nearly as smooth or rich as the caramel version is, but rather had a slightly milky texture too it that left me with an odd texture in my mouth similar to what I experience when I drink a glass of 2% or whole milk
  • Honestly, I would not recommend this product at all

• by Jennfer Davis

I can’t say that I am a huge Starbucks fan. It isn’t that they have bad coffee, but rather than there are so many choices and they are just a little too expensive for me to justify frequenting their cafes on a regular basis. However, there are times when I like Starbucks products and every now and then I particularly enjoy their Double Shot Energy Drinks.

I was at Kroger not too long ago, when I passed by the Starbucks stand that they have in the entrance. I had a long very tiring day at work, but still needed

to go grocery shopping and cook dinner. I decided that I needed a shot, or, more accurately, a double shot of energy. I was thinking about getting a coffee when I saw this product and decided to get it. I am a fan of the caramel version of these energy drinks, but I had never tried the white chocolate so I thought that it would be a nice change of pace. I paid $3.50 for a 15 fl. Oz can, which compared to other energy drinks, is a little on the expensive side, but the caramel ones had always
      been worth it and I hoped the white chocolate would have been as well. Honestly, I wish that I had just stuck with my usual caramel or gotten a coffee.

This product was way sweeter than I had anticipated it would be. I knew it would be sweet, but this product was so sweet that it actually hurt my teeth. Also, it wasn’t nearly as smooth or rich as the caramel version is, but rather had a slightly milky texture too it that left me with an odd texture in my mouth similar to what I experience when I ...

• Starbucks Doubleshot Energy Drinks in White Chocolate
      drink a glass of 2% or whole milk. However, despite this I did not throw the drink out because of what I paid for it. This isn’t a cheap energy drink so I felt as though I should at least finish it and see if it gave me any energy.

I did experience a slight energy boost with this drink, but it felt more like a sugar high rather than an energy boost from caffeine. The energy boost only lasted about a hour after the end of the drink, and I experienced a definite sugar crash and significant headache.

It was odd because I had never experienced that issue with the caramel version of this product, but rather experienced about three or four hours of increased energy.

Honestly, I would not recommend this product at all. Although I did get some energy and was able to get the grocery shopping done, the energy boost didn’t last long and it left me with a terrible headache. Overall, I rate the product a 3 because I did at least get a temporary shot of energy. However, it was nothing like the results I experienced with the caramel version of this product.

Emiley K says :

re : However, there are times when I like Starbucks products and every now and then I particularly enjoy their Double Shot Energy Drinks
OK, here is the honest truth…I cannot stand to pay the high prices of going to a Starbucks location and ordering what to me, in all forms is just….COFFEE, plain and simple coffee. But on occasion I do like to splurge and go for one of their gourmet specialties like the Carmel Machciatto. Since their in house prices are just too much for me I have found two different solutions that have proven cost effective and tasty. First, if I am at home I am sure to always have a bag or two of Starbucks Sumatra Beans in the cabinet. It is way cheaper to do it yourself at home if you know what I mean. But if I am out on the go and not at the house but still need that extra kick the Starbucks Double Shot is my choice out of all the iced flavored coffees that I can pick from at any store including other variations of Starbucks products.

It was several years ago that I discovered the Double Shot while picking up a prescription at a pharmacy. Waiting for the prescription to get filled I went over and grabbed a Double Shot from the store cooler. I had never had one but it looked yummy. I chose the Vanilla one, the White Chocolate had not come out yet on the market. Vanilla is my favorite anything and when I took that first sip with its milky frothy but creamy yumminess (because you have to shake it up to get the full effect)…I have not bought another brand yet. I realize there are plenty of coffee and various other energy drinks out there that promise this or promise that and that also cost about the same money…well for my money I am going with yumminess rather than medicinal flavored water So when I am on the go and I need that extra pick me up, you can count on my 3 bucks going to a Double Shot

Jennifer Davis replies :

The vanilla is very good as is the caramel. I was not a fan of the white chocolate though.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272071634610531/k2311a072/7.2.14