Scope Outlast Long-Lasting Mouth Wash-Fresh Mint Flavor
4.7
  • However, a few months ago, I went to Wal-Mart only to find that they were completely out of the Listerine that I like
  • Despite my annoyance, I decided to take the opportunity to see if there was a new kind of mouth wash that I liked because I had noticed that the Listerine had started to sting a little more than it used too
  • My oral care regimen is the same, so I think that it is partly due to a change in the Listerine formula
  • I used the product for the first time that night after brushing my teeth and I immediately noticed that it was not nearly as strong as the Listerine
  • Unfortunately, for me, the Scope didn’t stand up to that test

• by Jennifer Davis

For the most part, I am a Listerine Mouth Wash user. However, a few months ago, I went to Wal-Mart only to find that they were completely out of the Listerine that I like. Despite my annoyance, I decided to take the opportunity to see if there was a new kind of mouth wash that I liked because I had noticed that the Listerine had started to sting a little more than it used too. My oral care regimen is the same, so I think that it is partly due to a change in the Listerine formula.

After browsing for a few minutes I decided to try Scope Outlast Long Lasting Mouthwash in the Fresh Mint flavor.

The mouth wash was actually pretty inexpensive at only $4.77 for 42.3 fl oz. That is actually a little cheaper than my Listerine which is just over $5 for the size.

I used the product for the first time that night after brushing my teeth and I immediately noticed that it was not nearly as strong as the Listerine. It doesn’t have the same burning alcohol effect on my mouth, which at first caused me concern as to whether or not it was killing the germs in my mouth, but I also had to admit that it was nice not to have such a strong burning effect either because I felt like the Scope was gentler on my gums

and mouth.

One thing that I did like was the minty flavor. It was cooler and more refreshing than the mint flavor that I get with the Listerine. However, the biggest test came the next morning when I woke up. Usually, my Listerine will leave me with relatively fresh breath even when I wake up in the morning. It also seems to limit the sticky cotton mouth feeling that I sometimes get in the morning.

Unfortunately, for me, the Scope didn’t stand up to that test. My breath wasn’t as bad as it would have been without the mouthwash, but it wasn’t as good as the Listerine either. I still had pretty bad morning breath and I ...

• Scope Outlast Long-Lasting Mouth Wash-Fresh Mint Flavor
      had terrible cotton mouth.

That being said, I did like the artsy design of the Scope bottle better than I do the design of the Listerine bottle. The Listerine bottle is much more blocky and masculine where as I felt the Scope bottle was fun and a little more feminine and flirty.

Also, despite the fact it didn’t work quite as well on the overnight as Listerine does, this product is great for a quick rinse during the workday and after lunch. Because the minty flavor is stronger and more pronounced than that of the Listerine, the Scope is great for using right before a meeting. I actually keep a small travel size bottle of this product is my purse

for use after lunch or right before I have a meeting because it keeps me mouth fresh, but the powerful mint also gives me a quick pick me up.

Overall, I rate this product a 7. It is really inexpensive for its size, has a great bottle, has a great minty flavor, and works excellent for freshening breath. However, I did take a few points off because despite the fact that I was relatively pleased with the lack of a burning sensation, I still question whether or not it is really killing germs as effectively as Listerine. Also, I took a few points off because the Scope does not help prevent sticky stinky morning breathe like Listerine does.

Ellen Urowitz says :

re : Unfortunately, for me, the Scope didn’t stand up to that test
I also couldn’t find any other brand. I don’t like the scope bottle its really small. The flavor is okay but that was about it. For myself I did find Scope Outlast Long Lasting Mouth Wash not long lasting. It lasted the bottle about a week and a half.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342071634600531/k2311a072/7.2.14