Tim Burton’s Corpse Bride, An Animated Movie  » Movies  »
  • I was reluctant at first, but since they are older and had already seen nightmare before Christmas and Coraline with no problems I decided to go ahead and buy it for them as a special treat (also it was the only movie all three of them could agree on so admittedly that was a deciding factor)
  • My kids and I watched the movie that night with pizza and I have to admit that I really enjoyed it
  • In my opinion both Depp and Bonham-Carter did a wonderful job in their voice characterizations
  • It was amazing that the directors (Tim Burton and Mike Johnson) were able to create such realistic looking expressions
  • Overall, I have to say that I enjoyed the movie immensely and I really recommend it

• by Jennifer Davis

I have to admit that I am a Tim Burton fan. I loved nightmare before Christmas, but when this movie came out in 2005 I wasn’t really all that interested in buying it because the title was just a little too obvious. The title completely gave away the whole premise of the movie and so I skipped over it for several years.

However, a few months ago, my kids and I were in Wal-Mart looking through the movie section when they asked me to buy this for them. I was reluctant at first, but since they are older and had already seen nightmare before Christmas and Coraline with no problems I decided to go ahead and

buy it for them as a special treat (also it was the only movie all three of them could agree on so admittedly that was a deciding factor). It was only $7.50 for the movie and since it was a lot cheaper than tickets to the theater I was more than willing to pay for it.

My kids and I watched the movie that night with pizza and I have to admit that I really enjoyed it. I won’t use any spoilers in the review, but I will say that this movie stars Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter, and is about a young man who practices his wedding vows and accidently rises a young woman from the grave who thinks that he has married her.

In my opinion both Depp and Bonham-Carter did a wonderful job in their voice characterizations. Their voices fit together well and they had great chemistry that came through their voices and gave life to their individual characters that is often missing from a lot of animated movies.

The Claymation techniques used in this movie were incredible and I was very surprised to find out in the special features that it was made using Claymation instead of other computer generated techniques. I cannot imagine the amount of work and time that must have went into making each scene, but the end result was incredible. The colors were perfectly ...

• Tim Burton's Corpse Bride, An Animated Movie
      matched, and the facial expressions were perfectly matched to the emotions in the scene. It was amazing that the directors (Tim Burton and Mike Johnson) were able to create such realistic looking expressions.

The only downside that I experienced with this movie was that it took a little while to get moving. It was hard keeping my kids still for the first half-hour or so but after that they didn’t move once. I have to admit that I was glued to the couch as well as the story was so unbelievably cute and so completely a fantasy that I was reminded of being a child again watching The Nightmare Before Christmas. I loved that at no

point during the movie did I think “oh, I know what’s going to happen next.” Instead, I was left completely unaware of how the movie would end up and I have to say that as far as movies go, it was one of the best that I have ever purchased.

I rate this movie an 8 because I thought the title was just a little too revealing and it was really slow going for the first several minutes which made me consider turning it off. Overall, I have to say that I enjoyed the movie immensely and I really recommend it. It was a lot of fun to watch and was a great way to spend time with my kids.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111071634561231/k2311a071/7.1.14