Francy Nights Perfume by Jessica Simpson  » Perfume  »
  • Since many of my friends know this, I often get fragrances as gifts for Christmas, my birthday etc. I received this particular scent for my birthday this past February and I can’t say that it is my absolute favorite
  • The first thing that I noticed about this product was that it has a really nice looking bottle
  • I love the dark hunter green color, but that being said, I would have preferred a different looking spray top cover
  • I like that it uses gold accents, but the top of the bottle is almost too big and makes the bottle seem obtrusive when placed on my vanity table
  • Unfortunately once it starts to wear off, it loses its warm sensuous aroma and begin to take on the masculine smell again

• by Jennifer Davis

As an older woman, I am a little more choosey about fragrances and perfumes than I once was. While I have been using Elizabeth Arden’s Sunflowers for nearly 20 years as an everyday perfume, I still felt the need to have a fragrance that is strictly for special occasions. Since many of my friends know this, I often get fragrances as gifts for Christmas, my birthday etc. I received this particular scent for my birthday this past February and I can’t say that it

is my absolute favorite.

The first thing that I noticed about this product was that it has a really nice looking bottle. I love the dark hunter green color, but that being said, I would have preferred a different looking spray top cover. I like that it uses gold accents, but the top of the bottle is almost too big and makes the bottle seem obtrusive when placed on my vanity table. However, that is just my personal preference.

The first time that I used the product I was stunned at how it smelled. It had a very strong chemical and incense smell that reminded me more of a more earthy masculine cologne. I wasn’t prepared for the dark earthy smell, and it took me back. Since I sprayed it right before I was supposed to go to a work party I was very upset because I didn’t want to smell like man.

That being said, the smell did not remain masculine, but after about 15 minutes it smoothed into a ...

• Francy Nights Perfume by Jessica Simpson
      warm vanilla and patchouli smell that was extremely sensuous while also being earthy, warm, and feminine. Also, the longer that I wore the product the more I detected hints of an underlying pine scent.

I wore the product for about four hours before I noticed that it began to wear off. Unfortunately once it starts to wear off, it loses its warm sensuous aroma and begin to take on the masculine smell again. As soon as that masculine smell came back, I headed right

home and took a hot shower.

Overall, I give the product a 7 for the warm vanilla and patchouli fragrance it has after it sits for a few minutes. However, I don’t much like the top of the bottle and I really don’t like that I have to smell like a man for several minutes while the fragrance levels out.

Personally, I like Sarah Jessica Parkers “Timeless” better, and for regular days I will stick with my usual Sun Flowers.

rahma melta says :

re : I like that it uses gold accents, but the top of the bottle is almost too big and makes the bottle seem obtrusive when placed on my vanity table
I agree, because the cap is slightly oversized to make products attractive

Jennifer Davis replies :

Exactly. I would have liked a smaller cap.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 561071634551231/k2311a071/7.1.14