Glutamax Whitening Soap  » Health  »
  • Unfortunately, it made my skin too dry every after wash that I was eventually forced to look for another option
  • After two weeks, I was still not impressed with the results

• by divinagwapa

I used to buy Likas Papaya for my whitening soap. Unfortunately, it made my skin too dry every after wash that I was eventually forced to look for another option. While browsing through the market and seeking recommendations, I easily stumbled upon Glutamax Soap. Unlike other brands, Glutamax is a highly marketed brand in the Philippines. Add to that the fact that the like of Jinky Oda and Gretchen Baretto are plastered on the product’s packaging and you have a soap that has some level of credibility to it. After a

quick search online and seeing before and after pictures, I was convinced that this was my next whitening soap.

I bought one 75g package as a start. Costing me around Php 97.75, the soap was relatively more expensive than Likas Papaya. I use it twice a day, morning and evening, for my face and body. The bar of soap lasted for about 8 to 10 days.

As per instructions, after lathering, I leave the soap alone to work its magic on my skin for 3 minutes or sometimes longer before rinsing. For my first week of using Glutamax, I did not see significant changes immediately but I do like the texture of my skin after use. My skin is smoother and not dry. I also adore the smell, it’s mild and friendly to my nose. After two weeks, I was still not impressed with the results. There was no significant whitening or peeling that happened to indicate that it’s somehow working. After one month, that’s when I did notice some lightening especially on my face.

I have dark spots all over my face due to ...

• Glutamax Whitening Soap
      nasty breakouts. After a month of using the soap, that is 3 bars of Glutamax, I knew changes occurred because people around me kept mentioning how my pimple marks are not as dark as before. Some friends point out that I’m also whiter which makes me happy because then I knew that the soap actually lived up to its promise.

Probably my only complaint is how the soap easily melts. I was hoping one bar to last me 2 weeks or longer. But there are times when one bar only lasts for

10 days or even less. It turned out to be more expensive than I initially thought. With Likas Papaya, two bars are often enough to last me a month. With Glutamax, I had to buy 3 to 4 bars to supply my month-long usage.

Thankfully, Glutamax worked like a charm in the end. Despite the pricey tag, I’d say it was worth it for the whitening results it produced. I might also even try to add the lotion and other Glutamax related products to my loot when I have the budget for ultimate whitening effects.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 341071634531231/k2311a071/7.1.14