Cape May Fish Market, restaurant  » Restaurants  »
408 Washington Street Cape May, NJ 08204
  • One of the highlights of our summer is always trying out new places and definitely new restaurants
  • We also noticed we had to spend $50 so that meant we had to order dinners
  • I struggled to decided between the delicious crab cakes, broiled fish combo or fried fish combo
  • We enjoyed the warm bread while we watched the people walking through the street mall in Cape May
  • Passerby's would stop by and look at the food and we would tell them it was delicious and it was some of the best seafood

• by Melissa Robbins

I spend my summers in Cape May NJ. One of the highlights of our summer is always trying out new places and definitely new restaurants. This year’s first new restaurant was the Cape May Fish Market. A restaurant which came on the scene a few years ago but I wasn’t quite ready to try it. That was until I tasted their sample of the their crab cakes.

We arrived around 4pm. We picked that time to beat the dinner rush, because we were bringing my daughter and also because we weren’t quite sure if we were going to have lunch or dinner. The hostess seated us quickly at an outside table. After which our server came by to greet us and take our drink order.

She was very attentive to us. She made sure my daughter had her high chair and everything she needed. After our drink order I showed them my coupon and she proceeded to tell me to hold on to it till the end. We also noticed we had to spend $50 so that meant we had to order dinners. I struggled to decided between the delicious crab cakes, broiled fish combo or fried fish combo. I opted to go big and when I served returned I ordered the Fried Fish Combo. After we placed our orders one with mashed potatoes and one with a baked potato our server brought over a cutting board with bread and butter. We enjoyed the warm bread while we watched the people walking through the street mall in Cape May.

A few minutes later our server brought over our Fried Seafood Combinations. They were very substantial. They included a piece of filet, 1 6oz crab cake, 4 scallops and 3 jumbo shrimp. I opted for the mashed potatoes and my mother the baked potato. I tasted my mashed and as the server said they were half/half meaning half real half pre-made. They were very tasty and I couldn’t really tell a difference. That was plus number one. I also should note the server asked us if we wanted any cocktail or tarter sauce and if my mom wanted any sour cream. She returned promptly with them. No waiting forever for needed sauces. I then bit into my ...

• Cape May Fish Market, restaurant
      first scallop. WOW one of the best scallops ever. They were so fresh and so tasty. The breading was perfect. I then tried the filet. That also was tasty. Then the moment of truth, the crab cake, was tasted. This was fabulous. It was all crab. There was almost no filler. It was one of the best crab cakes I have had in a while. The final thing I ate was the shrimp. It was so flavorful and big. The server was very attentive and checked on us through our meal. Passerby’s would stop by and look at the food and we would tell them it was delicious and it was some of
      the best seafood. The only thing that would probably stop someone would be the price. The meals were a bit on the high side but not for the area.

After we finally were full we realized we had to get boxes because we could only finish about half the meal. The portion was so large we figured we had to digest and eat more later. Our server came with boxes and we proceeded to give them the coupon. Our total bill with coupon came to $62 so we tipped on the original $72.

My final summary, the restaurant was delicious. The service was excellent and the atmosphere was typical of a great Cape May restaurant. I will definitely return. This was definitely worth it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 71071634511131/k2311a071/7.1.14