Blowout Cards, sports card forum
  • However, the massive base of collectors that frequent this site do present some disadvantages for collectors interested in joining the site
  • Blowout Cards Forums is the most active forum that I know of and therefore, it is really easy to make trades and sales with other members

• by Dan R.

Blowout Cards Forums is perhaps the most popular sports card forum on the internet. With thousands of daily users, it’s easier than ever to connect to others that have the cards you want or want the cards you have. However, the massive base of collectors that frequent this site do present some disadvantages for collectors interested in joining the site.

I will start with the positives. Blowout Cards Forums is the most active forum that I know of and therefore, it is really easy to make trades and sales with other members. If there is something you want

to buy, you can more than likely find it recently listed on the forums. I collect baseball cards and there are thousands upon thousands of baseball card collectors. There are at least a hundred new threads per day in the baseball buy/sell/trade sub-forum so there are plenty of opportunities to make deals. I recently wanted to buy boxes of base cards just to have something to look at and go through at night after work. I posted my thread describing what I wanted and within minutes, I had a half dozen different responses with offers for the
      exact thing that I was looking for. I feel comfortable using the forum. The members are mostly friendly and helpful to new members and the forum is designed simply so that there is not much of a learning curve for new members.

Although it is a big community with lots of active collectors, there are a few down sides to the forum. Because there are so many people, your threads are not visible at the top of the sub-forum for very long. During the peak hours, my threads will go to the top and then drop to the ...

• Blowout Cards, sports card forum
      bottom of the first page within minutes. Also, the buyers on this site are very, very cheap. If you don’t sell your cards for 20-30% less than eBay sale prices, then you will have a hard time selling and you will probably receive offers from members that want to buy your cards for 30% below eBay prices. The majority of the active buyers are buying for resale rather than their own personal collections, which makes selling frustrating.

Overall, I do enjoy using the site. It allows me to make deals with a lot of people that I wouldn’t

find on other sports card forums. You don’t have to go through the “new members must send first” protocol that many forums use, which has its upsides and downsides. My recommendation would be to make an account on the website but don’t get sucked in to making deals that are unfavorable to you. It’s easy to get caught up in buying and trading and lose money quickly. Just take your time. There are thousands of members on this site so if you are patient, you will more than likely find the deals you want and enjoy using this website.

Terry says :

Their forum is a joke. The mods/admins play favorites and are not consistent when handing out suspensions or banning members. Apparently, if you are a Yankees fan, anything is fair game. Maybe their fans spend the most money on Blowout’s boxes and cases, who knows. Either way, they have shown their true colors and I won’t miss being a member.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2030061634440430/k2311a0630/6.30.14