Bouchee Bistro, Patisserie, Fayetteville, AR  » Restaurants  »
1 East Center St., Suite 160, Fayetteville, AR 72701, USA
  • While I never thought I would say this, Bouchee has the best pastries in town
  • I highly recommend Bouchee in Fayetteville, AR

• by Dan R.

Bouchee Bistro is a local French bistro and patisserie that serves breakfast, lunch, and a variety of pastries. I went here recently with my girlfriend because it was Sunday morning so our usual breakfast spot, Rick’s Bakery, was closed. While I never thought I would say this, Bouchee has the best pastries in town.

The atmosphere is quaint and very fitting for the style of restaurant that it is. Each table is a medium stained wood and each table has a

fresh flower. There is a very small dining area, with only six or seven tables, so I assume that most of their business is for takeout. We went in around 10 in the morning and there was a steady flow of people coming in to get food. The restaurant’s decorations are quirky, with a typewriter, vintage French espresso press, and the old-style clear incandescent light bulbs, but they work well with the feel of the room. The atmosphere is very relaxed and the restaurant is very cutely designed. The atmosphere is a 10/10.

I usually rate the service but you order at the counter and we both had pastries that were already made so there wasn’t a need for service. The man at the counter was knowledgeable of the pastries behind the counter and did his job sufficiently so there are no complaints about the service. However I will rate the service as a N/A since we had pastries and ordered ...

• Bouchee Bistro, Patisserie, Fayetteville, AR
      at a counter.

The pastries are spectacular. I would drive from another state just to taste these pastries. They are truly the best in the region. I had the chocolate mousse cake and my girlfriend had the chocolate macadamia nut tart. My cake was outstanding. It was in a half-dome shape with a thin layer of chocolate sponge cake topped with a whipped chocolate mousse. The whole thing was then covered in a thin layer of chocolate to keep the mouse’s

shape. This cake was so good I find myself daydreaming about it sometimes. My girlfriend’s chocolate tart was warm and chocolaty and delicious but out of the two outstanding dishes, mine was by far the best. The food is an obvious 10/10.

Overall, this is a very cute bakery and is perfect for a light breakfast or lunch. The prices are higher than other bakeries in the area, but the quality makes the prices well earned. I highly recommend Bouchee in Fayetteville, AR!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 730061634430430/k2311a0630/6.30.14