Jeremy Renner (actor)
  • Up to recently though, he has started getting a few more roles in some bigger budget movies, and I am grateful for that because I believe that it would be a perfect opportunity for Renner to showcase exactly what he is capable of as an actor
  • T, but I believe his acting was one of the things that helped make the movie and the character interesting, even though I believe Gabrielle Union helped ruin it for me

• by Redtape

Jeremy Renner is one of those actors that I have been watching for a very long while, ever since I saw him in something a couple years ago. He’s one of those that I feel has so much talent and should deserve more attention, but sadly doesn’t get as much as one would expect. Up to recently though, he has started getting a few more roles in some bigger budget movies, and I am grateful for that because I believe that it would be a perfect opportunity for Renner to showcase exactly what he is capable of as an actor.

When I first discovered Renner, it was somewhere back in the period of 2002 to 2003 where I saw him in the movies S.W.A.T. as Brian Gamble and Dahmer in which he played the serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer. His performances were great in both movies, and since I had

never seen him in anything before, I had just assumed that he wasn’t around for a very long time. However, when I did my research on him, I was surprised to find out that he had actually been around since the mid nineteen nineties where he played his first role in the movie “National Lampoon’s Senior Trip”. I was also surprised to discover that he had worked as a makeup artist to earn extra money in his earlier days when he was still struggling as an actor.

As I previously mentioned, this actor caught my eye a couple years ago when I saw him in the movie Dahmer, but it was for two reasons. The first was because here was this young actor whom I had never seen before that was chosen to play such a role, and secondly because his performance helped to make me think of this criminal and

his victims in a completely different light without having too much sympathy for him. The next time I truly took notice of him in a role was when he also played the character Ned, a neo-nazi sympathiser in the movie Neo Ned. His character was almost completely different in comparison to the ones he played in Dahmer and S.W.A.T, but I believe his acting was one of the things that helped make the movie and the character interesting, even though I believe Gabrielle Union helped ruin it for me.

One of the things that I appreciate about Renner is his hard work, that is very obvious when observing his body of work and what he had to do to accomplish his dream. Although many of them might not have been very popular roles and movies, he has a rather thick body of work going right up from the mid-nineties straight ...

• Jeremy Renner (actor)
      up to the present day. What makes it even better is that it seems like he is constantly trying to mix things up a bit whereas he has done everything from Romance, to Action, to Horror and Independent Drama. Perhaps what makes me even more appreciative of his hard work too, is that he also has a passion for music, a bit like me, and despite his busy schedule, he doesn’t allow it to prevent him from doing what he wants to do.

Last but not least, he seems to be in some pretty good shape, and I’m always an admirer of that especially since he’s now in his forties. That is much better than some people who are younger than him. Also, I’m not sure if he still does it, but he even used to do quite a bit of his own stunts. The last one that I knew of

was when he was playing a role in “The Bourne Legacy”.

The most recent movie that I’ve seen him in would have had to be American Hustle where he played the Mayor Carmine Polito. I liked the way that he played the character since he managed to have his character come across as a very likeable person family man, but he did it in such a way that he was subtle about it. It was a role and a movie that showed me that he was capable of a lot more than I had seen from him.

I truly hope Jeremy Renner gets a couple more leading man roles in the future and that he is able to showcase more of his talent through those. He has quite a number of awards under his belt so far, but I believe that he can do much better and that he’s capable of so much more.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5230061634360430/k2311a0630/6.30.14