Captain America: The Winter Soldier, film  » Movies  »
1.5
  • The winter soldier however left me thoroughly disappointed on many levels
  • The Captain's character is dreadfully dull, with his one any only personality trait being that he wants to do whats good and right, now that's great to get me to like a character but when that's all he has to offer he gets very dull very fast, a much stronger character is that of Black Widow, who while certainly not amazing does has strong character driven moments
  • Overall i feel as though if your looking for some more of the marvel universe you could do worse than to spend a few hours on this film but, I cant recommend it to anyone who isn't already an avid fan

• by Fionn Boland

The latest installment in the acclaimed Marvel cinematic universe, is Captain America: The Winter Soldier, a film which on the whole falls drastically short of both its own hype and the average quality of Marvel’s efforts in the last several years.

The Plot of the film revolves around the return of the villainous Hydra forces from Captain America: The First Avenger, with the notable absence of there leader, Red Skull. Hydra supporters are within S.H.I.E.L.D’s own ranks and its up to Chris

Evans as Captain America and Scarlett Johansson as Black widow to determine friend from foe and stop Hydra’s nefarious plans.

Now personally i really enjoy the Marvel films of late, there not always technically fantastic films, through they are generally nothing short of exciting and entertaining. The winter soldier however left me thoroughly disappointed on many levels. The Captain’s character is dreadfully dull, with his one any only personality trait being that he wants to do whats good and right, now that’s great to get me to like a character but when that’s all he has to offer he gets very dull very fast, a much stronger character is that of Black Widow, who while certainly not amazing does has strong character driven moments.

The film is held together by a few excellent and I do mean excellent scenes, the action is nothing shy of what we have come to expect, and the single scene involving Dr. Zola is outstanding. Aside from the odd ...

• Captain America: The Winter Soldier, film
      scene however the film doesn’t seem to know what it wants to do, there are story points that have clearly been reigned in to keep it family friendly, twists that can be seen from miles away and a terribly indecisive use of the Villain or villains in the film as they flit about never doing much of anything at all.

I felt cheated by bait and switch moments in the film and the distinct lack of an ending with any amount

of conclusion left a sower taste in my mouth too.

Overall i feel as though if your looking for some more of the marvel universe you could do worse than to spend a few hours on this film but, I cant recommend it to anyone who isn’t already an avid fan. It will win Marvel and the Captain no new fans, it will likely disappoint many of its existing fan-base, but there it wont be long before another installment can try to improve on things.

7hereviewer says :

re : Overall i feel as though if your looking for some more of the marvel universe you could do worse than to spend a few hours on this film but, I cant recommend it to anyone who isn’t already an avid fan
I like all the superhero movies, but that is because I really like superheroes, the thing about this movie is that it is less spectacular than most superhero movies. I watched it and it was OK but I must admit it is definitely not my favourite superhero movie.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1130061634340430/k2311a0630/6.30.14