China Glaze Strong Adhesion Clear Polish Base Coat
  • Additionally, I have used China Glaze nail polish products before and usually they are expensive, but well worth the cost as they are smoother, thicker, and creamier than other cheaper cosmetic brands
  • Ultimately, I decided to go to Ulta and purchase this product
  • The first issue that I had was the $9.00 price tag which is significantly expensive for a nail polish base coat
  • I used the product for the first time three days after I bought it as I had an anniversary party to go to
  • I would definitely recommend it, but just with the understanding that a buffing pad is required to roughen the nail for better adhesion

• by Jennifer Davis

I really like to have my fingernails manicured and painted, but that being said, I almost never get the results that I am looking for when I attempt to do my own nails at home. For some reason, the polish seems to bubble up or even if I do get it one evenly it starts to crack and peel within just a few hours. I hate it when I do my nails for a special event only to have them cracked and peeling by the time I get there.

I was complaining about this to a lady that I work with when she suggested that I try using a strong adhesion base coat to help the polish adhere to my nails better. I had used cheap dollar store base coats before, but never really had much luck with them. Here suggestion was to go to Ulta and try China Glaze Strong Adhesion Base Coat.

I was a little reluctant at first because I knew that cosmetics at Ulta are expensive, but I figured that if the product worked it wouldn’t be nearly as expensive as constantly having a professional manicure every time I had a special event or a date. Additionally, I have used China Glaze nail polish products before and usually they are expensive, but well worth

the cost as they are smoother, thicker, and creamier than other cheaper cosmetic brands. Ultimately, I decided to go to Ulta and purchase this product.

Overall, the product worked reasonably well, but there were some issues that I had to get worked out first.

The first issue that I had was the $9.00 price tag which is significantly expensive for a nail polish base coat. There is no real color to this product so while I knew it would be expensive, I expected somewhere between $6 to $7 rather than $9.00 for .5 oz. I did end up buying the product because it would be cheaper than a professional manicure, but also because I had a 25% off coupon for one item and I decided to use it. I still paid around $6.75 for the product, which is expensive, but was just a little more tolerable than $9 plus tax.

That being said, I liked that the bottle was colored a glittery silver as it really seemed to protect the product itself from light damage. Several of the cheap base coats that I have tried just come in a clear glass bottle and I have to be very careful to keep them out of the sun or direct lighting for too long or they tend to get yellow and

dry up. The silver colored bottle prevents light from reaching the product and turning it yellow which is something that I greatly appreciated.

I used the product for the first time three days after I bought it as I had an anniversary party to go to. I started my nails early in the day and only did a few at a time so I could see if the product would work and fix any problems that might arise. What I did notice about this product is that it is substantially thicker than the cheaper brands that I had tried and so I had to wipe the brush several times to get a smaller amount of the product. I have to admit that I appreciated seeing that the product was so thick because the thickness really seemed to justify the price. Also, I noticed that like its colored polish, China Glaze base coats are do extremely well at leveling themselves out so I didn’t have any places that were too thick or too thin, but rather the base coat spread evenly over my nails.

I only put a single layer down over my nails and gave them a few minutes to dry completely. I then applied a dark red polish over my nails and let them dry to ...

• China Glaze Strong Adhesion Clear Polish Base Coat
      see how they worked together and if the peeling stopped. Unfortunately, it only took about 10 minutes after putting on the coat of colored polish that my nails began to get this wavy texture in them than signaled the start of the peeling process.

I was very disappointed and decided to get online to see if there was anything that I could do to help the situation.

It took some time, but finally I read where one user advised using an emory board to gently and very lightly buff the top of the nail bed so that the base coat could stick better. The user explained that sometimes unseen dirt, oils, and debris on the nail can prevent the base coat from properly sticking and therefore can leave the nail polish peeling.

I tried the advice that I read online and the product worked like a charm. I washed and dried my hands, specifically my nails, very well and used a nail buffing pad to slightly roughen the nail up. I then applied the product and I noticed immediately that I could feel how the product was sticking as opposed to the last time where the product just felt painted on.

I allowed the product to dry for a few minutes then applied the nail polish as I had

done before. I waited a few minutes and I could immediately tell a difference. I polish seemed much more level and seem to stay in place better than it had done before. After the product had dried I noticed a difference in the texture of the polish as it seemed to be more a part of my nail rather than just a layer of color painted on. It was still shiny and smooth to the touch, but it flowed better with the small groves in my nails and there was no wavy texture, bubbling, or peeling what so ever.

I did the rest of nails, and got numerous compliments regarding how good they looked. Some of my friends just assumed I had gotten them done somewhere since they knew of my terrible history with finger nail polish.

Overall, I give this product a 7 because it does work, but it takes some time to figure out how to use it. I would definitely recommend it, but just with the understanding that a buffing pad is required to roughen the nail for better adhesion. I took three points off for the high price tag and the fact that it took several minutes of additional prep before I could actually get the product to work as it advertised.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3127061634300330/k2311a0627/6.27.14