Nestle Cerelac Wheat and Dates
  • When my little daughter reached 6 months of age, I decided to introduce semi solid food and as my mother did to me I started with Cerelac a product of Nestle LLC
  • Infant cereals are the best to start weaning diet as they provide all necessary nutrients that help support kids’ growth and development without affecting baby’s tiny stomach, hence two servings are recommended in a day

• by Saba Haider

When my little daughter reached 6 months of age, I decided to introduce semi solid food and as my mother did to me I started with Cerelac a product of Nestle LLC. After checking various flavors of Cerelac available in the market I decided to introduce Wheat and Dates flavor as both these ingredients are highly advantageous for babies’ health and these two ingredients cannot be given in more digestible form other than Cerelac.

After buying this 400gm yellow color metallic box which was

fairly reasonable in price I decided to read instructions given on its box. It was good to know, it contains lots of healthy nutrients, vitamin A and C, bifidus BL, iron and zinc. Vitamin A helps promote healthy skin and gut protection, vitamin C vitalizes baby’s natural immunity and iron and zinc play a great role in enhancing body’s immunity. With all these rich ingredients amazingly cerelac is still most easily digestible food for kids.

As mentioned on the box, its preparation is very simple. 9 tbsp of Cerelac is added into 150ml luke warm water and then needs mixing. Infant cereals are the best to start weaning diet as they provide all necessary nutrients that help support kids’ growth and development without affecting baby’s tiny stomach, hence two servings are recommended in a day. A major milestone is to introduce it to your little one as most of kids are quite choosy when it comes to eat something new.

When I introduced Cerelac Wheat and Dates to my daughter for ...

• Nestle Cerelac Wheat and Dates
      the first time she liked the flavor like most of the children. It was a happy moment, my daughter had started to take her semi solid diet with her Cerelac Wheat and Dates. Then next milestone was would she be able to digest it well? But in my case my daughter did not face any difficulty in digesting her first semi solid food and Cerelac did not harm her sensitive tiny stomach at all.

As mentioned on its box, Cerelac should be consumed within 4

weeks of opening the box. Moreover, one must check its expiry date written on the box at the time of buying. My daughter has tried several flavors of cerelac and she loves them all. But Cerelac Wheat and Dates is more close to me as she started her weaning with this. Now I don’t buy 400gm box of Cerelac any more rather I buy large box as my daughter loves it a lot and she wants it every day, moreover it costs me less too.

tuliy says :

re : When my little daughter reached 6 months of age, I decided to introduce semi solid food and as my mother did to me I started with Cerelac a product of Nestle LLC
CErelac is good and healthy and provide lots of vitamins to babies, but date are hard to digest before 10 months, you should wait until your baby 10 months then feed her cerelac with date.

Galega says :

Actually, Cerelac Wheat and Date is not intended to be the first solid food to a baby. When you are going to introduce solid foods, you should do that with Cerelac Rice. That is easy to digest and the stomach of the baby starts to get used to solid foods in a gradual way. After giving rice for few days, harder solid foods can be introduced.

akkismart says :

When my baby became six month old.Then our family doctor advised us to give some liquid deit and pulse juice to my baby.He prescribed cerelac and also mentioned that it may cause baby’s stomach little bit upset initially. When I reached in departmental store, they showed me different flavor of cerelac and after thinking sometime I selected wheat and date flavor for my little daughter, the price was normal, and it available in dual pack.I selected box as I wasn’t sure about the result.
In midday, we decided to introduce this new thing to our baby. Due to the indigestion issue we selected water to prepare cerelac, and after putting two spoon of powder we added half cup of look-warm water and made very loose paste.Now it was ready to use, intact my little baby was very cute but when we gave her first quarter spoon of cerelac in her little mouth, it seemed very risky thing for us.But thank god, she behaved normal then I told my wife to use some water, and this way , we made her able to eat roundabout four to five spoons cerelac, and kept her in swing.Now I was thinking about the next result of action but it happened nothing unusual, and it was the clear proof that baby’s little stomach digested cerelac well.In this way, after a few days it became quite easy task to feed the baby.We didn’t notice any unwanted effect of this baby food on our cute baby.It just a friendly thing and removed our tension to feed the baby.

junmae says :

Cerelac is good because it has nutrients from different fruits and vegetables that mixed in one formula. However, this is still a processed food. There is good and bad effect for the baby. Like mine, she became constipated when eating Cerelac. She needs to drink more water after that.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5427061634260330/k2311a0627/6.27.14