Nostalgia Electrics CFF986 3-Tier Stainless Steel Chocolate Fondue Fountain  » Housewares  »
  • I was planning an after-prom party and I wanted to make food that would be interesting but not extremely time consuming to prepare
  • This 3-tier model from Nostalgia Electrics was the one I decided to purchase
  • Overall, I would highly recommend this item

• by Dan R.

I was planning an after-prom party and I wanted to make food that would be interesting but not extremely time consuming to prepare. Earlier in the year, I had been to a buffet that has a chocolate fountain with the same group that I was going to prom with and everyone loved the chocolate fountain there. Naturally everything is better with chocolate so I went on the internet in search of a chocolate fountain. My criteria for the purchase was mainly that it be durable, easy to clean, and cheap.

This 3-tier model from Nostalgia Electrics was the one I decided to purchase.

I purchased it on Amazon for only $29.99. It fit the description of what I was looking for and most importantly it was at least $20 cheaper than any other comparable product. Since I don’t have very many occasions to use a chocolate fountain, the price was the main reason for purchasing. Let me tell you, this product is well worth the money. It is a well-constructed piece of equipment. The base is stainless steel and the upper part where the chocolate flows is plastic.

It was easy to set up. You simply connect a few pieces. Then you combine melted chocolate with oil so that the chocolate flows properly and pour the chocolate mixture in the base. Then you flip the switch and the chocolate starts to flow. It’s a very quick and easy set up process that anyone can figure out.

We bought strawberry, bananas, and marshmallows for dipping. Everything taste good with the melted chocolate but the strawberries were by far the most popular item. You could ...

• Nostalgia Electrics CFF986 3-Tier Stainless Steel Chocolate Fondue Fountain
      coat almost anything in chocolate using this fountain. It does make a little bit of a mess if you aren’t careful when dipping so anticipate a mess and put something under your chocolate fountain to catch the spills. We let the machine run for about an hour and it ran quietly without falter for the entire time.

After guests left, clean up was easy enough. You just wipe out the base and then the fountain part breaks down into pieces so that you can wash them easier. It only took around

15 minutes for me to wash it and put it away.

Overall, I would highly recommend this item. It was a huge hit at the party and I can’t wait to have another occasion to use it. The only drawback for me is that you have to have it filled with two pounds of chocolate for the chocolate to flow from the fountain so it is only practical if you have ten to twenty people to feed. Still, it is a great product and I look forward to using it again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5327061634250330/k2311a0627/6.27.14