Tylenol Extra Strength Tablets- 24 Count Bottle  » Medicine  »
  • I purchased mine at Wal-Mart for $3.49 for a 24 count bottle which is a little more expensive than some brands, but I feel like the cost is worth it
  • Results are pretty fast with these tablets, and usually, I experience pain relief within 15 to 20 minutes
  • One issue that I do have is the frequency with which I have to take this product
  • I love relief that I get from the product, but then again I don’t want to damage my organs either

• by Jennifer Davis

When it comes to pain relievers Tylenol extra Strength tablets are great for minor things like headaches, backaches, and other pains. I have been using Tylenol Extra Strength off and on for a few years and I have yet to find anything that works as well. I purchased mine at Wal-Mart for $3.49 for a 24 count bottle which is a little more expensive than some brands, but I feel like the cost is worth it.

I take this product mainly for arthritis pain in my hands now, but

I used to take it for headaches and the occasional back ache as well. The tablets are white in color, but are smooth and the coating is slow to dissolve so they are more easily swallowed with water. I have used Advil before and have had problems with the tablets dissolving too quickly and getting stuck in my throat. I hate the taste of medicine tablets that have dissolved too quickly, and getting them stuck in my throat activates my gag reflex so I end up heaving. It is not a fun experience. Thankfully, these tablets have a coating that is slow to dissolve so I can take them very quickly and easily avoiding any of the hassle and issues that I often have with Advil.

Results are pretty fast with these tablets, and usually, I experience pain relief within 15 to 20 minutes. It also helps to relieve the swelling that I experience in my hands due to the arthritis. Usually, about a half hour to 45 minutes after first taking the product I am swelling and pain ...

• Tylenol Extra Strength Tablets- 24 Count Bottle
      free which is great. The relief lasts about 4 hours so if I have a long work day I do have to take a second dose.

One issue that I do have is the frequency with which I have to take this product. I have to take two pills every four to six hours to have all day relief and I worry about my stomach lining taking this so frequently. I love relief that I get from the product, but then again I don’t want to damage my

organs either. Usually, I will keep up the regimen while I am working, but during night and weekends I will simply use ice and heat to keep the swelling down.

Usually, a 24 count bottle lasts me about two to three weeks depending upon how painful my arthritis is for the day and how often I take it.

Overall, I rate the product an 8 for fast and relatively long lasting pain relief. I did take some points off for frequency of use and the potential for organ damage.

Cody Everett says :

re : I love relief that I get from the product, but then again I don’t want to damage my organs either
In my experience i prefer to use tylenol extra strength mainly because in my experience it works better on deep muscle aches and pains. So if your in the construction industry like me i highly recommend it its also very affordable.

Cynthus says :

I only take Tylenol tablets after surgery or when I am in severe pain. Because I’m in stage IV kidney disease, I am not allowed to take ibuprofen at all. Tylenol does the job for me.

On the other side, I can only take this pill once or twice a year if that much. Because of my kidney failure, it would be bad if I had liver failure too.

So yes, it is a catch twenty-two.

Galega says :

Tylenol has side effect of liver issue. It doesn’t mean that anyone taking it will have liver problem. Please understand that the problem can only happen when someone abuses it - taking Tylenol daily for prolong duration. Otherwise, it is quite safe medicine. In your case, you should be in touch with your doctor and take it as and when required.

If you won’t abuse it, there won’t be any problem with liver.

Eliza Tekien says :

I was happy with my purchase. Great product for the price vs other pharmacies.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2626061634230530/k2311a0626/6.26.14