Monistat 1 Single Day Mild Yeast Infection Treatment  » Medicine  »
  • I love my youngest daughter, but one thing that I experienced with that pregnancy was reoccurring mild yeast infections
  • I purchased the product at Walgreens for almost $20 which seemed really expensive to me, but I wanted to get rid of the infection so I decided to purchase it
  • I have to admit that the ovule was smaller than I thought it would be and was only about the width of a light absorbency tampon
  • Also, I was happy to find out that the anti-itch cream had no heavy smell
  • Other than that, I liked the product a lot and would recommend it for anyone who has a yeast infection

• by Jennifer Davis

I love my youngest daughter, but one thing that I experienced with that pregnancy was reoccurring mild yeast infections. It happens so easily because of the hormone levels associated with pregnancy and at first I was afraid to take anything. I spoke to my OB/GYN at the time and she suggested that I use Monistat 1 single Day treatment. She explained that it wouldn’t harm my baby in any way and it would help kill the bacteria that were causing the reoccurring infections.

I purchased the product at Walgreens for almost $20 which seemed really expensive to me, but I wanted to get rid of the infection so I decided to purchase it. The kit came with the treatment

ovule, insertion stick, and anti-itch cream. I was nervous about using it because my OB/GYN did tell me that it would burn for a few minutes as the medicine took effect.

I went home and used the product that night after I showered. I have to admit that the ovule was smaller than I thought it would be and was only about the width of a light absorbency tampon. It was very smooth and extremely silky feeling as was the applicator stick (which actually reminded me more of a tampon applicator) so I was relieved to see that it wasn’t rough and wouldn’t be scratching along the inner walls of my girly parts.

I read the instructions carefully (twice) and then inserted the ovule as directed. It went in smoothly and without any trouble so it was very simple to do. Next, I put pads on the inside of my panties as directed (to catch the discharge which will stain clothing) and went off to bed. I awoke the next morning and I had to change the pads as I was experiencing heavy white discharge. However, I experienced no burning as I had been warned I might, or if I did it was so slight that I slept right through it.

The anti-itch cream worked great. It was thicker than I had expected it to be, but just a little went along way and I had no need to ...

• Monistat 1 Single Day Mild Yeast Infection Treatment
      use very much. Also, I was happy to find out that the anti-itch cream had no heavy smell. It did smell a little medicinal, but that quickly dissipated and the itch that I was experiencing went away in just a few minutes.

That being said, I experienced the discharge for two more days which I was not expecting. When I was told “single day treatment” I thought it would be just one day and I would be cleared up. I guess as a rational adult I should have expected otherwise, but it took about two days for the infection to clear up completely and things to return to normal.

The only other thing that I had issue with was that

I could not use scented soaps or anti-bacterial soaps because they would kill the good bacteria in my girl parts and ruin my PH balance. This made showering rather difficult as I still felt really dirty “down below” because I couldn’t really clean well. I was so happy when the infection was cleared and I could wash again.

Overall, I rate this product a 7. I took a few points off for the expensive $20 price tag, inability to clean myself well, and the fact that although it is a single treatment, it still took a couple of days to work. Other than that, I liked the product a lot and would recommend it for anyone who has a yeast infection.

Beverly says :

I love Monistat 1. Throughout three pregnancies and tight jeans during my teen years, this stuff saved my life It wasn’t as embarrassing as other products because once I bought and used it, I could throw it away and take the trash out. I recommend this product to any female that faces normal female hassles.

Jennifer Davis replies :

Really glad that it worked for you beverly.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2626061634220530/k2311a0626/6.26.14