St. Ives Exfoliating Apricot Scrub for Sensitive Skin
  • I was having this problem particularly bad last summer and none of the anti-acne creams and washes that I purchased seemed to work for any more than a few days
  • Feeling desperate, I decided to take her advice and I immediately headed over to Wal-Mart to see what they had in stock
  • I paid around $3.50 for the bottle which was about 6 oz
  • However, I think that was largely due to the fact that my face was a little raw and very enflamed, so I don't associate it with the product itself
  • The product works really well, and I definitely recommend it for people who have sensitive skin

• by Jennifer Davis

One thing about having combination skin is that I can have a clear complexion one day and the next it can be covered in pimples and zits. I was having this problem particularly bad last summer and none of the anti-acne creams and washes that I purchased seemed to work for any more than a few days.

The breakout itself was so terrible that it left my skin very red and tender to the touch. It was one of the worst breakouts that I had ever experienced and I just could not seem to control it.

Finally, after weeks of looking so terrible my mom recommended that I try an exfoliant to help deep clean my pores to see if that helped to get rid of the acne. Feeling desperate, I decided to take her advice and I immediately headed over to Wal-Mart to see what they had in stock.

After looking around for a while, I still wasn’t sure which product to get when a kind lady recommended this one. Having no real clue as

to what other product might work, I took her advice and I am very thankful that she took pity on me.

I paid around $3.50 for the bottle which was about 6 oz. That seemed pretty inexpensive to me considering some of the other products were almost $10.00. I used it for the first time that very night and was pretty shocked at first to find that the product did not have an extremely gritty texture like I was expecting it too. I had heard horror stories from friends out the use of grainy exfoliants so I was expecting something similiar to the feel of wet sand.

I was completely shocked to find that was grit free. I expected some form of charcoal or other exfoliant, and while it did have little brown beads in it, the texture was so fine and the cleanser so creamy that I could not feel them at all. Honestly, the texture of the cleanser reminded me of something much more expensive that would be purchased at an expensive

spa rather than Wal-Mart.

The product was cream colored, and it gave terrific suds when I combined it with warm water. It spread cleanly and smoothly all over my face and was thick enough that it stayed in place like a mask. I loved that it was thick enough that I could leave it sit for just a few minutes because it really bothers me to pay for products that run down my face. My thought is always “how can it be working if it can’t even stay on my face?”. I did not have that thought with this product. I actually left the product to sit for about three minutes then I finished cleaning it off.

Overall, the product was far better than I imagined. I do have to admit that when I put it on for the first time, it did burn a little bit. However, I think that was largely due to the fact that my face was a little raw and very enflamed, so I don’t associate it with the ...

• St. Ives Exfoliating Apricot Scrub for Sensitive Skin
      product itself.

The burning went away after a few seconds, and then I experienced a wonderful cooling and tingling sensation that I felt was a sign that the product was working. It felt similar to putting aloe on a severe sunburn(at least that is the best way that I can think of to describe it). The cooling sensation was a great help to me because it felt absolutely wonderful on the pimples and zits that had left my skin enflamed. Actually, it was the first relief from the burning pain of the inflamation that I had felt since the breakout started and I was extremely glad for it.

The product really did work wonders for my face. I experienced relief from the inflammation after the first wash, after four days of daily use, my skin had completely cleared up. My face went from being red, sore and enflamed to completely clear, smooth and radiant in just a few short days and I was so thrilled to see the difference.

The tube that I purchased

lasted me about four weeks with everyday use which is pretty decent I think.

The only negative thing that I can say about this product was that everyday use, was starting to really dry out my skin. That being said, my dermatologist told me that it was due to the fact that I was scrubbing away the essential oils that that my skin creates and that using an exfoliating wash like this one everyday will further damage my skin overtime.

After the meeting with my doctor I decided to cut back to using it once a week and thus far I have had no more problems with dryness or severe acne. I do still get small breakouts around my chin, cheeks, and on my forehead, but they are small and only last for a day for two.

Overall, I give the product a 10 despite the slight burning and the dryness because both were more my fault than the product’s. The product works really well, and I definitely recommend it for people who have sensitive skin.

Panorea White says :

re : The product works really well, and I definitely recommend it for people who have sensitive skin
This product is fine to use every other day, three days out of the week. The reason why is because the exfoliation is not very fine, it’s rather ruff on the skin.

Galega says :

Taking a look at ingredients and comparing them with other products available in the market, I think the problem doesn’t comes with the product.

You should use it only once a day. It is always better to use it before going to bed.

Further, you should use a moisturizer in the morning while taking bath. And, please ensure to use a good sun block cream while going out in the Sun. I have seen many users having problems with Exfoliating products because of the simple reason that they don’t use a sun block cream while going out in the Sun.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3125061634130430/k2311a0625/6.25.14