Vajiram and Ravi IAS Coaching Institute  » Education  »
Rajendra Nagar, New Delhi
  • After going through various comments, I have decided to share my own experience with Vajiram and Ravi on ReviewStream
  • Mukul Pathak, the lecturer of Psychology at Vajiram and Ravi, is the best teacher for this subject
  • It is really amazing how he handles tough concepts
  • I think no one can handle it better than Mr

• by Galega

I have read and replied lots of stuffs about Vajiram and Ravi Coaching Institute in Delhi. After going through various comments, I have decided to share my own experience with Vajiram and Ravi on ReviewStream.

I had joined Vajiram and Ravi in 2012 only for Psychology. I couldn’t clear the Mains written examination of UPSC Civil Services Examination, even though my score in Psychology was good. I have lots of friends from Vajiram and Ravi, and I have fairly very good ideas about the entire courses of this institute.

Let me first share with you about Psychology. As a Civil Services aspirant, you might be aware of the fact that Psychology and Public

Administration are two most scoring optional for Mains written examination. UPSC has recently changed the syllabus, and now aspirant need to choose only one optional for Mains.

As far as Psychology is concerned, let me tell you with complete honesty that there is no alternative of Vajiram and Ravi. Mr. Mukul Pathak, the lecturer of Psychology at Vajiram and Ravi, is the best teacher for this subject. I never felt bored while attending his classes. It is really amazing how he handles tough concepts. All you need to keep two text books for Psychology : Barron and Barron AND Martin & King. Read these two books thoroughly and then join the institute. It will be a cake walk for you to understand concepts, if you have gone through these books (needless to say, keep UPSC syllabus in mind before reading these two books).

I have scored 174 in paper 1 and 179 in PAPER 2 in Psychology. I have used CAPS LOCK to write paper 2. If you will take a look on syllabus and available material for Paper 2, you will understand why. There is NO - yes, no authentic study material available in the market for Paper 2. Actually, this paper contains current issues from India where IAS aspirants need to connect them to psychological concepts. I think no one can handle ...

• Vajiram and Ravi IAS Coaching Institute
      it better than Mr. Mukul Pathak. Not only me, but all of my friends have scored quite good in Psychology.

If you have Psychology as one of optional subject then let me tell you with complete responsibility - there is no alternative of Mr. Mukul Pathak/ Vajiram and Ravi. Consult anyone - yes, anyone who has clear UPSC Civil Services with Psychology and ask about study materials. You will find Mukul Pathak’s notes as one of the main ingredients of the study materials.

The condition of other subjects is not good at Vajiram and Ravi. Mr. Manocha has left Vajiram and Ravi, and hence the standard of Public Administration is not good

there. The director, Mr. Ravindran, is trying his best to handle Pub Ad., but there is little success.

Sociology is still good with Mr. Mahapatra.

As far as General studies are concerned, it is better to not join this institute. They seldom complete the course for GS on time.

In a nutshell, Vajiram and Ravi is the best institute for Psychology, even if you don’t know basic concepts of this subject. However, for other subjects, it is not good. Fresher shouldn’t join this institute for other subjects.

P.S. The enclosed picture is of Mr. Ravindran, director of Vajiram and Ravi IAS Coaching Institute (picture taken by the author of this review).

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5025061634090430/k2311a0625/6.25.14