GoPro HERO3+ Camera-Black Edition
  • I'm a camera enthusiast, and I've used several cameras, but the Hero3+ is definitely the best I've used
  • I would probably prefer it if the Hero 3 could save in more formats, but it's definitely not a big deal
  • However, I prefer to use MP4 format more so than h
  • If data storage is an issue I would definitely suggest getting the 64GB SDXC, which is compatible with the Hero3
  • After using it for six months, I would definitely recommend this thing to anyone

• by John

I’m a camera enthusiast, and I’ve used several cameras, but the Hero3+ is definitely the best I’ve used! I have few complaints about it. It’s one of the more pricey cameras, but it’s worth every cent. FYI, this particular version was purchased from Amazon.com at a price of 399 dollars.

The camera quality is exemplary in all settings! I use it often to record local baseball, and basketball games, the videos are truly stunning. You’ll definitely get the best quality videos by recording in 4k mode, but unlike other top-tier cameras you

can actually change to lower video modes, which is a definite plus. For instance, most youtube videos are in 1080 format, so there’s actually no benefit to recording a youtube video in 4k mode, which to me makes it more feasible. However, 4k mode produces HD quality videos, and you can’t ask for anything more. FYI, you can store recorded videos in either h.264 or MP4 format. I would probably prefer it if the Hero 3 could save in more formats, but it’s definitely not a big deal.
      However, I prefer to use MP4 format more so than h.264 because they’re compatible with more of the apps on my PC.

With all features considered the Hero3 is more comparable to a PC or laptop, than any other camera that I’ve used. With that being said, as with a computer, the software does have a tendency to lag or freeze at times. However, this tends to happen more often for me when the SD card has too much data. While on the subject of data, I should mention that this thing is a data-hog,

• GoPro HERO3+ Camera-Black Edition
      especially for video files. This is definitely a result of it’s top-quality. Of course you can change the settings accordingly, but to add context my photos are 12MPs, and most of my videos are recorded at 4k. I only have a 32 GB SD card, and because of it’s quality the files are huge, so I try to sync it with my PC often. With that being said, I’m more than willing to sacrifice storage for great quality. If data storage is an issue I would definitely suggest getting the 64GB
      SDXC, which is compatible with the Hero3.

The Hero3 definitely packs a punch, but it’s relatively modest in size. I’ve yet to use another camera that packs the quality and size that you get with this thing. The microphones are conveniently placed on the top and side of the casing. I’m very pleased with the design because they’re essentially hidden, and there’s much less interference.

Altogether, it’s an awesome camera, and I love it because it provides everything you need in one camera! After using it for six months, I would definitely recommend this thing to anyone!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4325061633990430/k2311a0625/6.25.14