Pesto Cafe, Fayetteville AR  » Restaurants  »
1830 N College Ave, Fayetteville, AR 72703
  • The two of us were seated at a table for four so we sat next to each other and it was no problem to have conversation with all the noise
  • Her pesto pasta was a delicious pesto with artichoke
  • If you don’t want leftovers, I would recommend sharing a dish with your significant other

• by Dan R.

Pesto Cafe is located at the end of an old motel building. You would not expect to find great Italian food in a motel restaurant but expectations are completely contrary to the reality of this wonderful restaurant.

I will start with the atmosphere. In my most recent visit, I went there with my girlfriend for dinner on Saturday evening. We both agreed that it was loud and the décor was very bizarre. The walls are decorated with a mix of random pictures and knickknacks. There are pictures

of mushrooms, Italian-looking scenes, animals, old rock bands, and other random things. The tables look nice, like a real café. The restaurant is relatively small with low ceilings so the dining room is very noisy. The two of us were seated at a table for four so we sat next to each other and it was no problem to have conversation with all the noise. So as far as the atmosphere goes, it is a negative. Though I came to this restaurant assuming the ambiance was not going to be soft and romantic since it shares the building with an old motel.

The service was good. The waitress we had was attentive. The food came in a reasonable time and the waitress brought us bread while we waited. Our water glasses were never empty and she checked back with us a couple times while we ate. The service was a positive.

Finally, the food was spectacular. For starters, garlic bread and Caesar salads are included with the entrees. The bread is average. I could ...

• Pesto Cafe, Fayetteville AR
      make it just as good at home. The salad was good. The lettuce was fresh with a light dressing, nice crispy croutons, and fresh grated parmesan cheese. For the entrees, I had the chicken fettuccine alfredo and my date had the pesto pasta. Both were fabulous. The alfredo was a nice, light blend of butter, cream, and cheeses. The chicken that topped the dish was freshly grilled and thinly sliced. Her pesto pasta was a delicious pesto with artichoke. Everything taste fresh and the portions were
      huge! There was easily enough for both of us to have a big dinner and lunch the next day. If you don’t want leftovers, I would recommend sharing a dish with your significant other.

Overall, Pesto Café is a fantastic Italian restaurant. Don’t go expecting a romantic atmosphere but do go expecting delicious, authentic Italian food. I would recommend going for lunch if you prefer a quieter dining experience, but the food is just as delicious anytime. I highly recommend Pesto Café anytime you are in the area.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 724061633981130/k2311a0624/6.24.14