Alberto VO5 Silky Expressions Shea Cashmere Shampoo and Conditioner System
  • Because I liked the products so much, I decided to try as many of their products as I could
  • I liked the look of the bottle and I do enjoy using shea butter products on my skin so I bought both the shampoo and the conditioner
  • I used the products for a little over a month and in all honesty they aren't my favorite Alberto VO5 products
  • Additionally, it didnt suds up like I prefer my shampoo to do
  • I would recommend the product for the price, but a warning to those with thick hair that it could leave dandruff

• by Jennifer Davis

I am a huge fan of Alberto VO5 products becuase they offer pretty decent results for a significantly economical price. Because I liked the products so much, I decided to try as many of their products as I could. I was at walmart looking for another Alberto product, when I first saw their Shea Cashmere Shampoo and Conditioner system. It was a little more expensive than their other products at $1.29 per 32 oz bottle, but it is fancier so the slight increase in price made sense to me. I liked the look of the bottle and I do enjoy using shea butter products on my skin so I bought both the shampoo and the conditioner.

I used the products for a little over a month and in all honesty they aren’t my favorite Alberto VO5 products. The shampoo was a little more runny than I would have liked and it didn’t seem to go as far as other Alberto shampoos do. Additionally, it didnt suds up like I prefer my shampoo to do. I had to use a large amount about the size of a half dollar to get the consistency of suds that I was looking for. It also had an odd smell that I really wasnt expecting. It had a more earthy smell similiar to that of natural shea butter as opposed to the soft feminine smell of vanilla

that I was expecting. It did smell a little like vanilla, but I was expecting something a little stronger. That said, I do have to admit that the shampoo did clean well and it did leave my hair feeling very light even though it was wet.

However, I was significantly happier with the conditioner. It was much thicker than the other Alberto conditioners that I have tried and that made it well worth the additional cost. It was silky and thick and felt much more expensive than it actually was. To be truthful I reminded me of a Biolage conditioner I once owned in that it was very thick, but also was silky smooth in my ...

• Alberto VO5 Silky Expressions Shea Cashmere Shampoo and Conditioner System
      hands.

I was also pleased that the conditioner had a much stronger, warmer vanilla smell that the shampoo did and I really appreciated that. It did a great job of spreading through my hair and giving me even coverage. At first, I was a little worried that the conditioner would not give me the coverage through my hair that I was looking for, but even then I am used to having to use extra conditioner since my hair is thick. However, it did just fine and I got complete coverage with an amount just a little larger than a quarter.

The only issue that I had with the conditioner was that it left buildup on my scalp

that gave me pretty bad dandruff the month that I used the product. At first, I thought that I wasn’t rinsing it out well enough, but the whole month was the same way despite how long or how often I rinsed my hair.

Overall, I used the system for about a month and although it did make my hair softer and more manageable, it also left buildup that weighed my roots down and gave me dandruff. Personally, it wasn’t one of my most beloved Alberto products, but it certainly wasn’t the worst shampoo that I have ever used either.

I would recommend the product for the price, but a warning to those with thick hair that it could leave dandruff.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3123061633800430/k2311a0623/6.23.14