C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve at Sephora  » Cosmetics  »
  • I like to visit Sephora a lot, and though they are expensive, they do have some good deals every now and then
  • It comes in a small tin can, that reminds me of something out of the 30’s and 40’s and since I love retro looks, I was very happy with the tin
  • The first thing that I noticed about this product was its rosy scent
  • At first, I thought that I wouldn’t like the sheer tint, but I discovered that I really did
  • That being said, I do have a few things that I dislike about the product

• by Jennifer Davis

I like to visit Sephora a lot, and though they are expensive, they do have some good deals every now and then. This past winter I was visiting my local Sephora store when I saw this product. It is specifically made with rose hips and vitamin E to help restore, heal, protect, and soften chapped lips. It was on sale for just about $3.00 which is half of its normal price. It comes in a small tin can, that reminds me

of something out of the 30’s and 40’s and since I love retro looks, I was very happy with the tin.

The first thing that I noticed about this product was its rosy scent. It isn’t too light or too heavy and is very pleasant. I love that it smells so good when I put it on my lips. The salve itself is slightly pink in the tin, but when put on the lips it is sheer. At first, I thought that I wouldn’t like the sheer tint, but I discovered that I really did. This isn’t meant to be a lipstick or a lip gloss but a medicinal salve to heal the lips.

As far as results, this product is definitely a keeper. It did wonders for my wind burnt cracked lips. It literally healed them within 48 hours. It took care of some serious wind damage and left me with soft, supple, and gorgeous lips that my husband just ranted over.

• C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve at Sephora
      I also noticed that it seemed to make my lips appear more red and full which I was simply ecstatic over.

With this product a little goes a long way, and I still have the canister. It is just about half gone now, so I think that it will last through fall into this coming winter before I have to purchase another one.

That being said, I do have a few things that I dislike about the product. Firstly, is that

I made the mistake of putting on just a little more than necessary and looked like I had dipped my lips in oil. Second, is that there isn’t any sunscreen in this product. I love it and it has lasted me several months, but I wish that it had some sunscreen in it to help protect my lips from the sun.

Overall, everything considered, I would rate this product a 7. The greasy nature and lack of sunscreen are big detractors to me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3119061633710930/k2311a0619/6.19.14