Miguel (musician)
  • When I started listening to him though, I found that I actually did not mind some of his music despite the genre
  • I would also recommend him to people because it's true that he has a very long way to go, but he shows lots of potential and many seem to be in love with his album

• by Redtape

I only just found out who Miguel was last year when I started watching the cable television series, “The Voice”, on which he gave some of the contestants musical advice. I always heard people talk about him and refer to him, but was too lazy to find out who he was especially since I figured out that he was an R&B singer and I really don’t listen to most R&B. When I started listening to him though, I found that I actually did not mind some of his music despite the genre.

Miguel, who was born to a Mexican father and an African American mother started pursuing music as a career when he was just thirteen years old. Since I only just started hearing his name being mentioned by people, I actually thought that

he was a very new artiste who had just released his first single; but according to his biography, he’s actually been signed by different production labels from as early as the early 2000s.

When his first studio album “All I Want is You” was released in 2010, he had hits such as “All I Want is You” and “Quickie” among a slightly smaller audience. However, his next studio album “Kaleidoscope Dream” was a lot more popular and seemed to attract more attention. The first track “Adorn” has been Miguel’s first and most successful song to this very day and was one of the things that made me interested in knowing who this artiste was, along with the accompanying video.

One of the things that I respect about this artiste is that he seems to

work very hard to accomplish his goals. I’ve come to this conclusion because of how long he had to wait in order to attain some form of success in his career. He was very young when he began, and so I can imagine that he would have started with a lot more passion and goals for what he wanted to do. However, not attaining the success they desire would have made many people disillusioned with the entire thing and might have either caused them to not work as hard, or abandon the goal entirely.

Something else that I generally admire about some celebrities and artists is the ability to keep their mouth shut in concerning their personal lives. Right now Miguel seems to be one of those people, since I can’t seem to find any ...

• Miguel (musician)
      dirt about him on the internet. His record is so squeaky clean right now that even the most common type of dirt many people in the music business have seems to be non-existent. He’s still a fairly new artist, so I guess I should give him a little more time since right now one of his main concerns would be trying to keep his contract and impressing the right people. However, some newer artists have not understood the importance of silence and gotten themselves in hot water as soon as they had become famous.

As a performer, Miguel seemed to have gone without incident until fairly recently when he was at a stage event performing and he apparently took a leap across the stage and missed, causing him to injure two women who were

at the front of the audience. While I don’t remember hearing about the event when it happened, I understand that someone had taken a video of the event which soon went viral. He was even going to face some legal issues which had caused a dispute between the members of the show’s producers and Miguel’s personal representatives.

Right now, this artiste has become one of my favourites in the genre because of how he stays true to his passion and the fact that he doesn’t allow fame to get to his head. I would also recommend him to people because it’s true that he has a very long way to go, but he shows lots of potential and many seem to be in love with his album. Even I like one of his songs.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5219061633700930/k2311a0619/6.19.14