Drake (musician)
  • I also respect him because he seems to have a lot of respect for his mother for struggling with him and doing the best that she could financially despite whatever challenges she was faced with
  • I love some of his songs, not just because they’re catchy, but I find that I can relate to some of what he’s saying in the lyrics
  • I can relate to that because I know what struggles I got though and I hope someday my very hard work would make me even more successful than he is
  • I believe that the musician Drake is definitely very talented and I would recommend him to people who like hip hop, rap and R&B music

• by Redtape

A lot of people might find this hard to believe, but up until maybe about a year and a half ago I still had no idea who Drake was. I would see the memes on the internet and hear some of the songs, but if you asked me to tell you who was singing or which person was featured in the meme’s I couldn’t tell you. It was only I clicked on a song by accident on YouTube that I put two and two together. Ever since then, while I’m not necessarily a fan of his, I still like and appreciate some of his music, and I respect him as a musician despite his obvious flaws.

Drake’s real name is actually “Aubrey Drake Graham”. While many people like Drake

because of his music; when he was much younger, he became fairly popular playing the character Jimmy Brooks on the Canadian television show “Degrassi: The Next Generation”. I didn’t even know the series existed until much later when I saw the marathons being aired on MTV, and even then I didn’t follow it like some people. However, what drove me to finding out more about that particular point of his life was that I remember reading something where he said that meanwhile the series was going on, his mother was very ill and they were living off his salary from the role, which wasn’t much. I also respect him because he seems to have a lot of respect for his mother for struggling with him and doing the best
      that she could financially despite whatever challenges she was faced with.

My respect for Drake the singer, rapper and songwriter results from the fact that he is vastly different from a lot of other popular musicians around. He seems to do a lot of original work and depend on his own creativity, instead of shamelessly depending on other people’s genius every step of the way. He has written songs for Rihanna, Rita Ora, Beyonce, Lil Wayne, Mary J Blige and even Nicki Minaj. Quite a number of his songs have been massive hits too, which is impressive in my eyes especially for someone who is still has not even reached 30. Some of these songs are R.I.P by Rita Ora, Right Here by Justin Bieber and even What’s ...

• Drake (musician)
      my Name by Rihanna.

I don’t like many of the songs that he’s done, but a few of his that I might find myself listening to are “Started from the Bottom”, “Furthest Thing”, “Hold on, We’re Going Home” and “Best I ever Had”. I love some of his songs, not just because they’re catchy, but I find that I can relate to some of what he’s saying in the lyrics. For example, with the lyrics for “Started from the Bottom” he speaks about him coming from humble origins and working very hard to achieve success. I can relate to that because I know what struggles I got though and I hope someday my very hard work would make me even more successful than he is.

As I mentioned before,

the musician Drake also has his flaws. For example, he has had feuds with numerous other musicians. One of them was Chris Brown, and I don’t know the full story but from what I can understand it might or might not have had something to do with Rihanna, who he started dating. I also remember that Drake was supposed to appear on the cover of Rolling Stone Magazine a little before the actor Phillip Seymour Hoffman died, but instead after Phillip died, they put his face on it instead. This caused Drake to make some rather harsh and insensitive comments, which he later apologised for.

I believe that the musician Drake is definitely very talented and I would recommend him to people who like hip hop, rap and R&B music.

quick note by anonymous :

When I first his song was “call me through the cell phone ” and I was shocked What the hell? Why he was in top of the chart? What? He toped it, oh my god Please, when I saw other song of his I was bored anf frusted. Why people even listen his song man? He sucks on it. He can’t be categorized by hip-hop artist. No, I genuinely don’t like his music and it’s my opinion man.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5217061633580630/k2311a0617/6.17.14