Brad Pitt (actor)
  • I found myself wondering recently where this man came from and how he got started in the profession that his name has become synonymous with
  • I thought he played Tyler very well in it since he portrayed the character’s arrogance, impulsiveness and aggressiveness very well, which I guess was the sort of thing that made Brad attractive in the first place as an actor
  • I believe he could have made a better Louis, yes
  • As a matter of fact, I agree that he could have been more tormented and brooding, and even the scene where he was being turned into a vampire by Lestat could have been more emotional
  • Now as I mentioned previously, I love the direction that his career path has taken

• by Redtape

When I was much younger in the 90s, I used to see and hear a lot of people fan-girling over the American actorBrad Pitt”. Now at the time I didn’t even know who Brad Pitt was, especially since I was a child. It was only when I got a little older that I had figured out who this person was, and why so many people liked him. I might not have been interested in him physically, but I had appreciated him as an actor once I figured out who he was. These days, I guess a lot of people’s impression of him has changed both for better and for worse since he has gotten older and become a family man. I’m one of those people who have continued to admire him for the direction in which he has tried to take his career.

Pitt’s early life has

always been a mystery. I found myself wondering recently where this man came from and how he got started in the profession that his name has become synonymous with. I wondered if he had parents and family in the film industry like some people, or whether he moved to Los Angeles, and like a lot of other struggling actors, battled it out and depended on luck and persistence. It turns out that he grew up between Oklahoma and Missouri, and eventually moved to Los Angeles after it became apparent to him that he just liked film. His passion for film helped him to land certain roles in the late eighties, and then he eventually gained success in movies in the early to mid nineties.

There are a couple movies I’ve seen him in that I really liked, some of which were very successful. Two of these in

particular were Fight Club and Interview with the Vampire. First of all in the movie Fight Club, Brad played the role of Tyler Durden, a sexy and aggressive soap salesman who was the leader of an all male fight group called “Fight Club”. I thought he played Tyler very well in it since he portrayed the character’s arrogance, impulsiveness and aggressiveness very well, which I guess was the sort of thing that made Brad attractive in the first place as an actor.

I also loved him as Louis in the movie Interview with the Vampire despite the fact that some people claimed he didn’t make a very good Louis, and he didn’t stay true to his image of “the cocky and attractive guy”. As someone who has read the book at least three times, I beg to differ. I believe he could have made a better Louis,

• Brad Pitt (actor)
      yes. As a matter of fact, I agree that he could have been more tormented and brooding, and even the scene where he was being turned into a vampire by Lestat could have been more emotional; but his interpretation of the character made me look on the entire novel and Louis very differently.

This point takes me to the fact that he tries to stay away from typecasting as best as possible. An actor said fairly recently that they try to be different and keep people wondering by not taking roles that are too alike and mixing things up a bit. I respect Brad because he has certainly tried to do this especially when the image of him as the cocky heartthrob was still more prominent. For example, he played a peaceful Canadian abolitionist most recently in the movie “12 Years a Slave”, the character Benjamin Button

from the film interpretation of Scott F. Fitzgerald’s short story and the Greek hero Achilles in the movie Troy.

Now as I mentioned previously, I love the direction that his career path has taken. These days it seems that he has put more focus in working behind the scenes. For example, he has produced films such as “12 Years a Slave”, “World War Z” and “A Mighty Heart” even though he still stays passionate and true to his acting.

He’s not one of those people who has won many Oscars, but most recently he shared an Oscar with Steve McQueen and a couple other people for the movie “12 Years a Slave”. I believe that he has a lot of talent and drive and I truly wish that we will see much more of his work especially behind the scenes as a producer or even as a director in the future.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5217061633570630/k2311a0617/6.17.14