Avatar, epic science fiction action film  » Movies  »
  • James Cameron is one of the best directors out there but why am I just not impressed with his blockbuster, Avatar
  • Avatar is a rollercoaster ride full of all the twists and turns you would expect from the best
  • You could argue saying that this is bull shit coming from my mouth but hey I love to point things out like this
  • I do recommend seeing Avatar in 3D, anything else will make you rip your hair out

• by Sami Oughanem

James Cameron is one of the few directors that know how to make a movie that explains everything. The man’s films will never have you questioning what happened or what so and so are doing at a certain point. James Cameron is one of the best directors out there but why am I just not impressed with his blockbuster, Avatar?

Avatar is a rollercoaster ride full of all the twists and turns you would expect from the best. What is lacking from that rollercoaster is the speed, or in the case of the movie (getting back to the real world) is the script. What the hell was James Cameron thinking? I loved all of Cameron’s movies before this. Even though I didn’t like Titanic it was still a well written

movie. Avatar is just sort of boring.

This three hour bore-fest looks pretty. Avatar visually will have your eyes glued to the screen that you might not even care about the actual story. How the hell can you even give a damn about the movie when our lead character is bound to a wheelchair but in his avatar he can walk? Not trying to be an ass but how can I take this movie serious when stupid shit like this is written into the script?

The movie’s plot is broken into two parts, two political aspects. Don’t mess with Mother Nature and the war on terror can be fought between humans and blue creatures? Wasn’t Avatar supposedly written years ago? If it was written years ago then James Cameron is either the Anti-Christ or the Devil. He knew about all the problems we would be having with terrorists/war on terror and Global Warming. I think Mr. Cameron might have a time machine.

It also bothers me that Avatar seems to take a lot of aspects from other movies and video games. James Cameron must be a huge fan of Square Enix. I could not help but notice a mech look similar to the ones in Final Fantasy VI and the whole tree of life concept seemed similar to the Mana Tree. You could argue saying that this is bull shit coming from my mouth but hey I love to point things out like this.

Oh where are my manors? I seemed to have forgotten the description on the films plot.

• Avatar, epic science fiction action film
      Scientists want to learn about these creators called the Na’vi while the big wigs want to make money off of this mineral. The scientists created a way for humans to have their own avatars and yada yada a war occurs. James Cameron really just doesn’t care too much, but at least it is better than Strange Days.

Avatar’s soundtrack was quite disappointing I thought. This score was good in Titanic; it does not work in a film like Avatar. At points it won’t even match what is currently on the screen. I felt at times that James Horner wasn’t even aware of what was going on in the movie. James Horner is a talented man but Avatar isn’t a shining moment in his career I feel.

What is good about

this movie? The 3D technology used in Avatar is out of this world. Cameron is taking 3D cinema into a whole new direction. Seeing this movie in a standard screen would be a crime, you really need to see it in all its glory. Trust me. This part of the movie is worth it.

Why was so much time put into a movie like Avatar? The 3D effects in the movie are great, along with the visuals but why must it cover up the rest of the film? James Cameron is better than this. To me it almost feels that Cameron was taking the easy way out, which is something he never does with his motion pictures. I do recommend seeing Avatar in 3D, anything else will make you rip your hair out.

Andrew Leaither says :

I beg to differ. I thought that Avatar was a fantastic excellent Box Office movie with all the action, characters twists and turns that come from a great, famous movie Director: James Cameron. And that the 3D technology is out of this world. I loved Avatar and even though the movie may have been spawned from other ideas the movie still felt original and great to watch.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1110061632960530/k2311a0610/6.10.14