Coraline (animation movie)
  • I guess I didn't watched any of the animation movies that used the puppet animation technique and I didn't liked them either, but this movie was literally one of the best movies I have ever watched
  • It was one of the movies about which I can say that it didn't only saved me from getting bored, but I found it to be from the ones that are pleasure to watch
  • I truly loved the fantasy in the movie, and I guess it was the most prominent thing in the story that deserves appreciation in my opinion

• by Hamza Butt

Coraline is a 2009 animation, fantasy and thriller movie directed by Henry Selick. This animation movie wasn’t a computer generated animation movie that I usually love to watch. Though, this movie proved to be a complete surprise for me. I guess I didn’t watched any of the animation movies that used the puppet animation technique and I didn’t liked them either, but this movie was literally one of the best movies I have ever watched. Not only in the animation genre but in every genre; I give this movie a top spot in the movies I have watched.

Solely impressed by its story. I

became a fan of this movie.

The best thing I liked in the movie was its story. It was written phenomenally well. One that doesn’t looses your attention even in one part of the movie. Though, the movie took around 12 minutes to catch my attention, but believe me once the real story started, I wasn’t ready to get off the monitor. It was one of the movies about which I can say that it didn’t only saved me from getting bored, but I found it to be from the ones that are pleasure to watch.

Some of the scenes in the movie were truly

awesome! Especially the one in which the second dad of Coraline transforms the normal garden of their house in to a great looking art piece. I truly loved that scene. That scene showed the emotions of a small girl who keeps seeking attention from her parents, but gets nothing in return, and suddenly she meets her clone parents that fulfill her each and every wish. If you’re a fantasy lover then you’re going to love this movie, because it had events fantasized to heights of imagination. I truly loved the fantasy in the movie, and I guess it was the most prominent thing ...

• Coraline (animation movie)
      in the story that deserves appreciation in my opinion.

Another thing I loved in the movie was that it was one of the movies that always kept the predictability factor to zero. As I mentioned above, it had a different story. Thus, it was almost impossible for me to guess what the movie had in store for me. And that is just why I truly loved this movie. I am tired of watching movies that are based on events that can be easily guessed. Thus, this movie was a total relief for me.

Though, you may not find this movie the best in terms of

animation. As I said, it is not a computer generated animation movie, which is the most common technique used nowadays to produce animation movies. I personally enjoy computer animated animation movies, but this movie despite of being created through a puppet animation technique managed to make me love this movie. Because the movie had a tremendous story, I won’t give much attention to this part.

I rank this movie not only with the top animation movies I have watched, but it surely is one of the best movies I have ever watched, because it had a great attention grabbing story. I rank it 10 out of 10.

julie says :

I do like Tim Burton films. I have many favorites from him such as Nightmare Before Christmas and The Corpse Bride. I did like Coraline, but felt that it was and is creepy even when for children.

Andy Brown says :

That’s Tim Burton for you His films need to be creepy, even his children’s films, since otherwise they wouldn’t have that characteristic atmosphere to them. They can be a little disconcerting, I agree, but I think they’re best that way.

Justin says :

One small clarification - contrary to popular opinion, Tim Burton actually had nothing to do with the movie Coraline. The film is commonly believed to be directed by Tim Burton, as posters and other materials usually say “From the director of A Nightmare Before Christmas”, but Henry Selick was actually the director of A Nightmare Before Christmas, while Tim Burton was responsible for the story.

Coraline’s story is taken from the children’s book of the same name by Neil Gaiman, and adapted for the screen by Henry Selick.

Katie Gillispie says :

I agree He us an awesome film maker. There are only a few of his movies that I havent seen.

Tabria says :

re : I guess I didn’t watched any of the animation movies that used the puppet animation technique and I didn’t liked them either, but this movie was literally one of the best movies I have ever watched
Yes, this movie’s background was literally the greatest The fact that they focused on something other than the average family in a movie was way more epic. Even though, Coraline imagined and wished for parents that would give her more attention, towards the ending, she realized that her parents were not as bad as she thought.

Aylin Carrera says :

re : I truly loved the fantasy in the movie, and I guess it was the most prominent thing in the story that deserves appreciation in my opinion
It was one of those movies you can watch over and over where you re actually interested in what s going to happen next to be honest all Tim burton movies Are awsome he s great at what he does I truly can just say this is a must watch for people of all ages

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1127051631860731/k2311a0527/5.27.14