Selena Gomez (singer)  » People  »
2.0
  • That doesn’t mean that I dislike her as an individual especially since I don’t know her, but it’s just that when she started out making a name for herself on Disney in the series “Wizards of Waverly Place” I had long since written off Disney as children’s entertainment
  • I’m not sure if I’ll be able to experience it either since it doesn’t look like she has done much acting work recently
  • The song was so catchy that I thought that might have been Rihanna who sung it
  • I think people should take that with a grain of salt, especially since they were both very young
  • However, I would recommend her songs to people who like popular music

• by Redtape

Selena Gomez had never been relevant enough to me to be considered as one of my preferred singers. That doesn’t mean that I dislike her as an individual especially since I don’t know her, but it’s just that when she started out making a name for herself on Disney in the series “Wizards of Waverly Place” I had long since written off Disney as children’s entertainment. She still wasn’t relevant to me after she started focusing more on her singing career and dating Canadian singer Justin Bieber. It was only maybe about a year ago when I heard one of her songs playing on the road and liked it that I actually began paying a fair amount of attention to her.

As I mentioned before, one of the main

reasons why I wasn’t particularly interested in her was because she was after my time. While I liked her voice acting in Hotel Transylvania alongside Adam Sandler, I never really watched Hannah Montana or Suite Life of Zack and Cody, and so I wasn’t there to see her appear in a couple of episodes. I also remember watching the movie “Princess Protection Program” and later on seeing her credited for playing one of the characters, but I honestly can’t remember her being in it. As a result, it seems as if I missed most of her acting career. I’m not sure if I’ll be able to experience it either since it doesn’t look like she has done much acting work recently.

Her singing career seems to have taken a completely different direction. As a matter of fact, within the last year or two she has released multiple hit songs some of which I actually liked. The name of the song that made me start showing interest in her music was “Come and Get it”. I remember thinking that it sounded rather different and unique with its exotic style in comparison to a lot of other popular songs that were getting airplay at the time. The song was so catchy that I thought that might have been Rihanna who sung it.

I also liked her single “Slow Down”. Like the single “Come and Get It” I heard it on the radio first, so I can imagine that it was released some time before I heard it. The ...

• Selena Gomez (singer)
      style with “Slow Down” is different from “Come and Get it” but I still felt that it sounded relatively different and catchy compared to most of the songs I hear that get airplay.

Since Selena is very popular, as you can imagine it’s not as easy to escape word or rumours of her personal life. I remember hearing lots about her when she was dating Justin Bieber, and also hearing a rumour that the two eventually broke up because of the strain that was being placed on their relationship by his fans. I think people should take that with a grain of salt, especially since they were both very young.

Back when I became slightly interested in reading Celebrity Gossip sites, I had become addicted to reading bits

of gossip known as blind items about different celebrities from people who wished to stay anonymous. One particular blind item referred to a young star who was sick and had a terrible drug addiction. After a while the blind item, or the celebrity was exposed as being Selena Gomez, and even though I said she wasn’t very relevant to me before, I was actually concerned to know that she might have such a destructive habit with her active and envious career.

I might not be very familiar with her acting work, but I don’t think she’s a great singer. I attribute her catchy music to the people in charge of recording her and editing the sound. However, I would recommend her songs to people who like popular music.

Riza Joyce Barredo says :

some people hate her coz they are just jealous what she’s into now, she’s a great singer at also an actress.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5226051631730831/k2311a0526/5.26.14