Captain America: The Winter Soldier (movie)  » Movies  »
  • The Winter Soldier” going to see it in 3D was definitely a no-brainer
  • I’m happy to say that when I saw it in theatres I wasn’t disappointed at all, and would have gone again had I the time and money
  • The best thing about it was that while I expected a lot, I got even more and I loved it
  • The plot twist where we found out that the Winter Soldier was actually Bucky was one of the things that made the movie so great in my opinion
  • My only regret was that it wasn't a little longer

• by Redtape

After I saw the trailer for “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” going to see it in 3D was definitely a no-brainer. The trailer made it seem like it was going to be very exciting with a lot of action event though I was never really a fan of the superhero himself. What propelled me to see it even more was that there were rumours circling that someone might die. I never actually heard who, but I knew to take it with a grain of salt since they were in fact just rumours. I’m happy to say that when I saw it in theatres I wasn’t disappointed at all, and would have gone again had I the time and money.

This Marvel movie set somewhere after the events of “Thor: The Dark World”. I didn’t get

to see the exact start of it since I got to the theatre late, but the movie really begins when Nick Fury is attacked and manages to escape to Steve’s apartment. He gives Steve a flash drive with some information on it, and then tells him not to trust anyone. At first Steve is more than a little confused, especially after Nick is shot by a mysterious figure with superhuman strength and speed before he can explain himself any further. However, it doesn’t take him long to figure out that there is a corrupt organisation, HYDRA that has infiltrated S.H.I.E.L.D., and that the mysterious superhuman might actually be someone from his past.

I guess a part of me is always underrating Captain America, so when I first heard that the movie was being made I didn’t really pay it much attention, until I saw the trailer, which promised a lot of action. The best thing about it was that while I expected a lot, I got even more and I loved it. I was sitting on my seat in suspense when Nick Fury was attacked and the only thing that saved him from being killed at that moment was his training and the rather “special” car that he was in. I also loved the scene where Hydra attacked the S.H.I.E.L.D. base and we got to see Captain America fighting Bucky.

Something else that I loved about the movie was the visual effects. I don’t expect to see anything less than greatness in movies like these that are superhero themed and I felt I got exactly what I wanted watching ...

• Captain America: The Winter Soldier (movie)
      this. Everything looked amazingly real including some of the environments and devices. One of my personal favourite scenes that I thought looked the best was the crash of the Helicarrier. I felt it looked so magnificently real that it brought chills down my spine, especially since it was easier for me to imagine how terrifying it must be to witness something like that in real life. There was also of course the aging of Steve’s long lost love, Peggy Carter, who he was able to see aged while he was still young and strong.

The plot twist where we found out that the Winter Soldier was actually Bucky was one of the things that made the movie so great in my opinion. It actually makes me look forward to the next Captain America movie, and I

thought that it brought more conflict to the plot since Bucky’s repressed memories make it harder for Steve to hurt him, especially knowing what it must be like to wake up in a newer unfamiliar modern world.

Last but not least, I loved that this movie finally expanded on some of the characters such as Agent Romanov and Nick Fury. Nick Fury’s personal life is still not expanded on much, but I feel like we get to see a deeper bond between him and Natasha as well as I got to see a more vulnerable side of him that I’m not used to.

I loved this movie even more than the first and I would definitely recommend it to fans of Marvel and Captain America. My only regret was that it wasn’t a little longer.

Tristen Sosa says :

re : I’m happy to say that when I saw it in theatres I wasn’t disappointed at all, and would have gone again had I the time and money
The Winter Solider was easily one of the best marvel movies ever done on a averagely human super hero The Plot was fantastic and the technology invovled in the movie was breathtaking I would watch this action packed marvel movie over and over again

Redtape replies :

So very true.

re : My only regret was that it wasn’t a little longer
The Winter soldier was amazing movie (funny/drama/action/love)
this was an hit movie with interesting story

re : My only regret was that it wasn’t a little longer
when i saw this movie theater then i was shocked by seeing this movie and amazing story and makes everyone shout (good comments) in theater

re : My only regret was that it wasn’t a little longer
In this movie it was more than expected and i was became fan of marvel and avengers after seeing this movie

harsh soni says :

re : The plot twist where we found out that the Winter Soldier was actually Bucky was one of the things that made the movie so great in my opinion
I think that this movie was great because of captian and bucky both not only bucky,this was lit

re : My only regret was that it wasn’t a little longer
After watching this movie i was that this movie shouuld be litte more longer

harsh soni says :

this movie was amazing and this movie in hindi was more funny and the twist also was amazing it liked this movie and i became fan of avengers

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1123051631640931/k2311a0523/5.23.14