The Cook’s Shop restaurant (Windsor Ontario)  » Restaurants  »
683 Ouellette Avenue, Windsor Ontario N9A 4J4
  • I am a little limited on time to write this review, and I do not think my insufficient vocabulary could describe how much I enjoyed dining at The Cook's Shop
  • The experience was absolutely wonderful and I am not surprised that it is the Number One restaurant in Windsor
  • To access the restaurant, you first notice a brick building (six floors, I believe) as you pass through a high black gate covered with green vines
  • I enjoyed myself very much and would recommend it to anybody
  • I have to say it is the best restaurant I have ever been to in any city

• by Mile Sims

I am a little limited on time to write this review, and I do not think my insufficient vocabulary could describe how much I enjoyed dining at The Cook’s Shop. The experience was absolutely wonderful and I am not surprised that it is the Number One restaurant in Windsor.

I have to admit I was very surprised at the location of this restaurant. For a high class restaurant, you would be shocked to hear that it is actually in a basement of a building in downtown Windsor. To access the restaurant, you first notice a brick building (six floors, I

believe) as you pass through a high black gate covered with green vines. The entrances to the restaurant are on the right and left of the front of this brick building, and you will notice the sign that says “The Cook’s Shop” on either side. I have to admit, the abundance of plants and flowers at the entrance of this plain brick building is really wonderful and old-fashioned. I was already enjoying myself before I even got into the restaurant.

The first thing you notice when entering the restaurant is that it is dark, but not in an unfriendly manner. It is the romantic kind of dark, and it is purely lit by candles and small lights. It is a small restaurant that is beautifully decorated with neat little tables covered with white cloth. There are music sheets hanging on some parts of the wall, with a violin here and there and cloves of garlic (not quite sure if they were real or not). It was charming and balanced.

So when I stopped admiring the scenery, I started to admire the marvelous service and food. The server knew what he was doing, and it seemed as if he actually went to ...

• The Cook's Shop restaurant (Windsor Ontario)
      a butler’s college. He was very charismatic, and I will risk sounding childish here and say that he reminded me of Alfred from Batman (and ironically his name was Alfred). I found that very amusing.

So the first thing you will receive after ordering your food is a fresh, crisp Cesar salad with unlimited garlic bread (which I stuffed myself with). The main dishes were received very quickly and right on time (after I finished the appetizers), and I remember waiting no longer than 30 minutes for the main dish and five minutes for the complementary appetizers. All of the

food was freshly cooked, with fresh ingredients, and with no problems whatsoever. I ordered a couple of dishes of pasta the two times I’ve been there, and they never disappoint. The desert and tea were also very good.

This restaurant has great food, great service, and marvelous scenery. I came here with a friend, and on a later occasion on a date, and it fit both occasions very well. I enjoyed myself very much and would recommend it to anybody. I have to say it is the best restaurant I have ever been to in any city.

I give this restaurant a rating of ten.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 723051631600931/k2311a0523/5.23.14