Dove Style+Care Hairspray, Strength & Shine, Extra Hold
  • I like to curl my hair for special events and it never wants to stay, so I decided to use this Dove Hairspray since I heard, from a mutual friend, that Dove has the best hairsprays
  • The only problem I had was the strong nozzle, but it is easily fixed
  • I recommend it to anybody who has thick hair

• by Mile Sims

I am normally not a person that would stuff their hair full of products, but I find that this hairspray is an exception. I absolutely need something strong to hold curls in place, since I have very stubborn, thick, straight hair that just loves to uncurl and laugh in my face.

I have tried one hairspray before this one that did absolutely jack to hold my hair in place. I like to curl my hair for special events and it never wants to stay, so I decided to use this Dove Hairspray since I heard, from a mutual friend, that Dove has the best

hairsprays. I have to give it to her, she was right. Regardless of the bad reviews of this product online (which I have seen myself when I did some research), it has worked pretty well for me so far.

So I will tell you the procedure that I went through in order to curl my hair (before and after I used the dove hairspray). So the first time I curled it without hairspray or with my old one that did jack, I used foam curlers and left them in overnight. When I woke up in the morning, there were beautiful, bouncy, brown curls. So without

hairspray or with my old one, approximately an hour later, BAM. No curls. I absolutely hated that. And with this old hairspray, I was left with dirty, slightly curly but mostly straight, hair. So, I repeated the overnight process, except this time I used this Dove hairspray. And you know what happened? The curls stayed all day. ALL DAY. I was so happy. I even slept with it overnight and most of the curls were still intact, which I was extremely happy about (even thought I washed it in the morning and got back to my normal, straight hair).

When this hairspray states that ...

• Dove Style+Care Hairspray, Strength & Shine, Extra Hold
      it is extra-hold, it really is extra-hold. And it was so easy to wash out as well. It did not feel sticky in my hair at all when I applied it. I only used this product a couple of time for my curls, so I don’t know any long term effects or the effects of everyday use. But in my experience, I really loved it.

However, I don’t know if it’s very good for thinner hair. I feel like if somebody with thin hair were to use this, it would be way too stiff. Even for my very thick straight hair, it was a

little stiff. So I don’t have an opinion on that. I also want to mention that the spray that it emits is VERY strong. It’s like a rocket is shooting out of that bottle and you have to be very careful to apply it far away from your hair and to keep the nozzle moving. Or else you’ll get way too much hairspray in one place of your hair, and that will just look awkward.

Overall, I give this product a rating of 9. The only problem I had was the strong nozzle, but it is easily fixed. I recommend it to anybody who has thick hair.

Pradiporeo says :

re : I recommend it to anybody who has thick hair
As any child of the 80’s knows, hair spray was a necessary evil for all the styles at the time. As such, I now have a love hate relationship for all hair spray. On the one hand, it would keep my 90’s bangs wave curl standing proudly, on the other, even the slightest use left behind the tell tale white specks that left me looking like an unwashed hobo by the end of the day. Since my teens I haven’t been a regular user of hair spray at all, but since receiving Dove Style Care Strength Shine Flexible Hold Hairspray free for testing and review purposes, I had to give it try. Thankfully, in the end I’m glad I did because I know there is a product out there that will do as it says, maintain and hold my style, while leaving my hair flexibly soft after use.

Having very long hair, well past shoulder length, it takes quite a bit of product to keep the updo in place, so my concern was two-fold, both the ugly white specks that came standard with any hair spray, and the dirty, crunchy feel that’s also typical with most of them too. In the two weeks since receiving mine, I’ve had the chance to use Dove Style Care Strength Shine Flexible Hold Hairspray several times and I can happily report that there are no white spots after use and my hair is still touchably soft, even many hours later.

Dove is always a reliably ubiquitous brand, affordable and to be found on the shelves of just about any shop, so it’s always been my go to standard for hygiene related products, and I love testing them out to be on the front lines of their latest new releases. What’s even better is when a great new product is able to dispel old fears and misconceptions, opening up my mind and expanding new possibilities for future use, as was the case here. There are a few styles that just can’t quite be pulled off without a little extra hold, but fear of white crunchy hair has kept me back from using hair spray for a long time. Now I know there is something out there that will do the job without all the messy problems I used to expect.

Thanks to Dove Style Care Strength Shine Flexible Hold Hairspray for helping me get over my hair spray phobia and once again allowing me to rock my favorite updo’s once more. I can confidently recommend this product to family and friends as an affordable, trustworthy hair spray that gives all day hold without the unkempt looking flecks and specks, while leaving your hair smelling fresh and velvety soft to the touch. Thanks once again to Unilever and Dove for this awesome opportunity

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3123051631580831/k2311a0523/5.23.14