Iron Man 3 (movie)
  • Later on in the movie we realise that his panic attacks stem from the attempt to invade New York by Loki and the Chitauri, which I believe makes complete sense
  • I thought it was hilarious when Tony and Rhodey later on met up with “Trevor” the actor, who was completely different from the person they expected
  • I know that a lot of people also disliked the idea of the amazing Tony Stark getting panic attacks
  • I love Robert Downey Jr and have a lot of respect for him as an actor and as an individual based on some of the things I’ve heard about him

• by Redtape

I didn’t get to watch this movie around the time that it was released in 2013 for numerous reasons. Still, I remember lots of Marvel and Iron Man fans claiming to hate it after they had seen it including one of my own family members. At the time so many people swore it was bad that I had begun to wonder if it had anything to do with the plot or it was the overall movie. I had of course begun to expect a disaster of epic proportions. Nevertheless, my story was a little different when I finally got to watch it. While I don’t think that it was anywhere near as good as the first movie I still believe that it was fairly enjoyable especially if you look past some things.

This one is set right after the “Avengers Assemble” movie. In

it the rather confident Tony Stark has begun to suffer from uncharacteristic panic attacks. The first time he experiences one is while he is talking to Rhodey in a restaurant and two children come up to him for autographs. He thinks that he’s having a heart attack but when he has Jarvis scan him he realises that it’s actually a panic attack. Later on in the movie we realise that his panic attacks stem from the attempt to invade New York by Loki and the Chitauri, which I believe makes complete sense. Tony Stark is a human being after all, and the invasion is now proof for him that he is not invincible.

The part of the plot that seemed to have a lot of fans seething was the part with the Mandarin. A new villain appears who seems to have ties

to the “Ten Rings” terrorist organisation, who threatens Tony and the United States president. He even attacks Stark tower and kidnaps Pepper. Later on we see that this “Mandarin” character was actually a cover for a business associate, Aldrich Killian, who Tony rejected in the past.

What I both liked and disliked about this movie was the Mandarin plot twist. Even though a lot of people hated it, especially since the Mandarin was a real villain in the comics, I actually thought it was funny. I thought it was hilarious when Tony and Rhodey later on met up with “Trevor” the actor, who was completely different from the person they expected.

Something else that makes me understand why a lot of people disliked the movie too, was because of a couple of things that to be honest didn’t really make much sense. For ...

• Iron Man 3 (movie)
      example, there was the instance where throughout quite a bit of the movie, Tony tries to fix the latest Iron Man suit because it appears as if it’s the only one he has left, even if it’s clearly malfunctioning a bit. Nevertheless, later on in the movie we realise that he actually had access to many more suits, which made me question why he didn’t access them in the first place instead of wasting so much time.

I know that a lot of people also disliked the idea of the amazing Tony Stark getting panic attacks. However, I think that’s ridiculous. As I mentioned before, as confident as he is, Tony Stark is supposed to be a human being therefore he’s not invincible and he of course has weaknesses and limitations like everyone else.

I loved the concept of Extremis because it

frightened me a lot. A lot of people apparently thought that concept was stupid too, but the idea of someone or a bunch of unstable and aggressive people possessing the ability to cause explosions and grow back limbs is not comforting.

I love Robert Downey Jr and have a lot of respect for him as an actor and as an individual based on some of the things I’ve heard about him. However, I wasn’t too keen on some of his acting in this. I thought he made the panic attacks look a bit comical sometimes.

If you’re a diehard fan of Iron Man or Marvel, there’s a chance you won’t like Iron Man 3. I’m a comic book and Marvel fan myself, but I was still able to watch it. Therefore, it’s not totally unwatchable if you know you can ignore certain factors.

Erik Rodriguez says :

Iron Man 3. One of the few popular Marvel characters that are awesome looking with cool powers and a favorite to both children and adult fans today. Already premiered with part one and part two, Iron Man 3 brings a little more to the table this time with a more powerful presence of U.S Government involvement. Nonetheless Iron Man 3 would be a solid second or third option when deciding between what to watch.

I think this movie not only brings the pride and arrogance of Tony Stark (Iron Man) shown in previous movies but also the love for his work and having to use it to save and rescue others from imminent danger. The electric personality of Tony Stark in Iron Man 3 makes it a feel good overall movie for one reason and one reason only. Continue to read to find out why.

With Tony Stark experiencing personal health struggles, one thing that’s hard to ignore is the glamorous appearance of his girlfriend Pepper Potts (Gwyneth Paltrow.) She looks amazingly attractive when she smiles and adorable when shes’s not.

The story could have been much better but was not terrible to say. A lot of new features Stark added to his suits such as virtually flying a suit from a remote area unharmed. Cool, but out of touch. Marvel went of the picture on this one.

If you take family out to watch this movie it might be good depending on your view on things. Personally Iron Man 3 brought a few inspirational feel good moments and one of them is the discovery of a young boy who looks out for Stark and a connection is made between the two that is expressed positively. Especially near the ending when Stark shows his way of saying thank you.

Overall the movie was good but have to say it is okay to watch but not worth the watch. You will leave your seat feeling the same way you felt when you sat to watch it. The most important factor besides being the super hero in this movie was the message Stark brought to Iron Man 3. That no matter how arrogant and proudly you defend yourself as a person, doing the right thing will always pay its way back in life. And who knows what else but in Stark’s case he experienced a change. A change in which he sacrificed his own love being Iron Man to fix what he felt was wrong. And that even if you hold greater power then most men in the world aware of others potentially capable of being the same, he still chose to give it up.

My rating 6/10

simo says :

the next iron man will be in 2015 , i hope to see the new version )

Redtape replies :

Nope, it won’t be. Also, I doubt there’ll be an Ironman 4. RDJ might have hinted at it, but it’s not on the Marvel schedule, and I don’t think he signed for that many appearances in his contract.

Azriel says :

I never let an Ironman movie passed. This is how I love this character and its being a superhero in its own effort. It was too good to be true, but then it is fiction after all. The third sequel is more as you said extremto an extent where the antagonist seemed to unreal to be beaten by the too human and arrogant Stark. I like this movie even if it has its flaws story and plot wise but I love Robert Downey nevertheless.

Rob says :

I am a huge Iron Man fan. Why? Because Tony Stark worked to become a superhero, he didn’t get his powers from a bottle or an accident. He learned to make a body of armor that can fly. His drive led him to drive back at first, America’s enemies, and then the world’s enemies. CEO turned hero. He, by far, has the most character development in all of Marvel’s movies.

For context, this is after the first Avengers movie. You can see Tony starting to struggle with PTSD from the battle of New York. And if you know Tony, he is a perfectionist. The audience gets to see him deal with his PTSD by really delving into the perfectionist mindset. What if this happens, he’ll make a suit for that. What if this other thing happens? Suit for that. Not only does that show off his intellect, but it really shows you how far he has come in personality. Before, he didn’t care about who his weapons went to or who it affected. But now, he’s making tech for good.

And I know, a lot of comic book fans didn’t like the story because they took arguably Iron Man’s biggest foe and turned him into a pathetic actor. But who cares? Was the movie fun? Did it help lead into the next phase of Avengers’ movies? Yes it did. It showcased Tony’s weakspots for kids and being a father figure. It showed Tony’s progress on suits. From one that was tedious to put on, requiring machinery, to a briefcase to machinery that could take it off as he walks. And finally to a suit that will shoot across the world right onto the wearer’s body. I think this really shows how Tony is invested on continually improving and investing in the protection of mankind. Which led to him creating ultron and the suit we see in Infinity War.

Yes, the story itself didn’t contribute much, but it set up so much depth to the character that made Marvel possible.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1122051631441231/k2311a0522/5.22.14