Itomic ereader
  • I thought it was a great deal because it was a retail price of $108 and it came with music, internet, notepad, ebooks with hundreds of support formats as well as DRM
  • The quality was amazing which I was really happy with until I found out that if I tried to rewind or fast forward on large files the ereader would freeze

• by Isadora Night

I recently purchased the itomic ereader for $40 at Amazon. I thought it was a great deal because it was a retail price of $108 and it came with music, internet, notepad, ebooks with hundreds of support formats as well as DRM. Boy was I wrong.

The video came is basically AVI or MP4 format. The quality was amazing which I was really happy with until I found

out that if I tried to rewind or fast forward on large files the ereader would freeze. The internet is extreme mobile browsing. I would not attempt any full web pages. If you try one that has even a little too much data the device will completely freeze and would have to be reset. Also, it is only 2 gb so the more files you add to it the slower the device will work due to the lack of space to save cache. There is no history, internet options, cookie, etc. You cannot even copy and paste. After realizing that the files on the device slowed the browser, I placed all my files on an SD card which I connected. It worked.

The music is decent though the audio is low.

• Itomic ereader
      I would suggest getting headphones. There is no option for playlist or favorites. The eBooks work well unless you use the ‘go to’ option to jump from one page to another. Then it decides to freeze - again. There is a continue reading option and bookmaking as well.

After a week of owning it I dropped it. It broke in two however I was able to put

it back to together. This was due to the fact that it was very cheaply made. The plastic is held together by snaps at the end that fit snugly into each other. When I dropped it the second time however, the screen came off and that was the end of that.

Overall, unless you have a lot of patience and are delicate with your electronics I would not suggest you buy this.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1622051631381231/k2311a0522/5.22.14